Clermont County Parks

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Clermont County Parks

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

charben wrote:UPDATE:

I spoke with Dan at the Park District today. The rules will be changed but it will take some time. He said the Director agreed with my email and they are having their attorney double check everything for compliance. I was asked to give them a little time to get the rules taken down at all 10 parks but the website should not take that long. It was a very pleasant 40 minute long conversation that included him asking me about OFCC. Turns out after he received my email, he looked our website up. He asked about the Fun and Gun and if we did any kind of events in his area of Ohio. It was a very pleasant and productive conversation.

He committed to me to keep me in he loop via email with regard to progress in taking the rules down and assured me that OC'ers would have no problems in his parks. IN FACT: He said that most calls of "man with gun" are routed through the park office where he ASKS THE CALLER IF THE PERSON WITH THE GUN IS HANDLING IT OR JUST WEARING IT! This guy is another ally for us.

Feel free to call Dan at the Miami County Parks District to thank him for supporting our gun rights.
I'm fairly certain the Clermont county parks have the same posted wording in the rules of the parks. I'll be checking on that this week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Clermont County Parks

Post by charben »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
I'm fairly certain the Clermont county parks have the same posted wording in the rules of the parks. I'll be checking on that this week.
Let me know if I can help...
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Clermont County Parks

charben wrote:
I should be able to check two parks close to work this week. I know for fact they both had rules including no weapons last year before the Cleveland case was settled. I'll see if I can get there tomorrow if I'm rained out again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life Member NRA
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Clermont County Parks

charben wrote:
Here ya go..

Today I checked the two parks I passed by each day (Sycamore and Pattison) and they still are prohibiting carry or possession of any kind in the rules of the park. Both have the exact Rules of Clermont County Parks posted in the glass covered bulletin boards with current other notices. They are updating general activities so its not like they haven't been in those cases.

I did email them way back after the initial preemption ruling but not since the Cleavland v State ruling. I was completely ignored and never heard back. I have no doubt all 9 Clermont county parks still have this up.

This is what is posted word for word.

Adopted Aug 6th 2003
Section 6
6.1 No person except for law enforcement officers shall carry, possess, discharge, or have under his control in a public park firearms of any description, including airguns,gas guns,or pellet guns, slingshots, fireworks, explosives or dangerous ordinance. An exception may be permitted if such person obtains written permission.
Administrative Office
Clermont County Park District
2228 US Highway 50
Batavia, OH 45103
513-732-2977
513-732-9733 (fax)
ParkDistrict@co.clermont.oh.us
Life Member NRA
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Clermont County Parks

Post by charben »

Email sent. Will update as soon as I hear something...

If anyone else would like to send an email or call, please be sure to be brief and professional. Simply mention that you are concerned that the posted rules are in violation of ORC 9.68. Sign with your own name and provide contact information. Be friendly in your tone. There is no need at this point to include a copy of 9.68 or any other supporting material. Their legal counsel can access that. If the person asks you questions that you are uncomfortable answering, ask if you can have their name and number and if it would be alright for someone to get back to them. Then pass that info along to me in a PM. I appreciate your help.

If this needs to be escalated, we will discuss that here. But for now, stay tuned!

I am going to split this into a new topic...
Chris

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Clermont County Parks

Post by charben »

Here's the reply I received from Clermont County...
Christopher:
We are aware of the need to update our park rules and are in the process contracting with the County Prosecutor to do so. We have no park rangers and at this time no agreements with local law enforcement to enforce our park rules. So your members should have no legal issues visiting our parks as long as they abide by the state laws.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Chris Clingman, Director
2228 US HWY 50
Batavia, Ohio 45103
513-732-2977
Chris

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

charben wrote:Here's the reply I received from Clermont County...
Christopher:
We are aware of the need to update our park rules and are in the process contracting with the County Prosecutor to do so. We have no park rangers and at this time no agreements with local law enforcement to enforce our park rules. So your members should have no legal issues visiting our parks as long as they abide by the state laws.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Chris Clingman, Director
2228 US HWY 50
Batavia, Ohio 45103
513-732-2977

I Just happened to check the Batavia(Sycamore) park today and as the letter says no change. They do have maintainance workers there and could very easily line out 6.1 and they were there working today. As for no one to enforce the rule, that is irrelevant if it keeps one from enjoying tha park that doesn't know its unenforceable.

I'll keep checking to see when it does get changed.
Life Member NRA
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote: As for no one to enforce the rule, that is irrelevant if it keeps one from enjoying tha park that doesn't know its unenforceable.

I'll keep checking to see when it does get changed.
I agree with you. I just hadn't had a chance to reply to this yet but I wanted to at least post what I got on the forum.
Chris

Sylord

Post by Sylord »

Monroe Township Park - Right across the street from the Monroe Township Fire Department.

There is a no gun sigh faded but at the entrance to the park.

The sign was there as of this morning, and has been there since the day it was opened.

Another view of same sign.

Info for park:

Located One property north of 2819 Ohio 222, Amelia, OH 45102, USA according to google maps. I didn't think Amelia dipped this low.
The location is 38° 58' 25" N 84° 9' 44" W.

It's listed on the Clermont parks web site as:

Monroe Township Park
Description: 10 acre park with walking trail and playground. Located off of State Route 222 in Monroe Township. http://www.monroetwp.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I mentioned this in the regular forums long time ago... Anyone tell me what I can do to help and I will..

Thanks,

Darrell