Patricia Allyn Park, Waynesville

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
sxshep

Patricia Allyn Park, Waynesville

Post by sxshep »

Driving up OH48 towards Waynesville, I passed a huge park/soccer complex on the right hand side... And posted on the main entrance was a huge gun buster sign. Upon researching this further, looks like it's a Clearcreek Township operated park (seen below).

http://www.clearcreektownship.com/Parks/Parks.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this against the whole 9.68 thing? I'm not too up to speed on whether township-operated parks are allowed to post as CPZ's or not, so I'm curious what the responses are.

I didn't get a picture, but just browsing the google maps feature, you can kind of make out the sign on the main entrance. Look closely, it's on the right side.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison
fisher

Re: Patricia Allyn Park, Waynesville

Post by fisher »

sxshep wrote:
Is this against the whole 9.68 thing? I'm not too up to speed on whether township-operated parks are allowed to post as CPZ's or not, so I'm curious what the responses are.
It is against 9.68. It should come down. Where I live, the township took down the signs from their park restrooms with a week of sending them a simple email. Other townships are known to work as slowly as possible getting in line with state law.
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

What I want to know is how to capture the picture from Google like you did above?
And mostly, it is not that they are against 9.68 but that they are not in compliance.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Cruiser wrote:What I want to know is how to capture the picture from Google like you did above?
And mostly, it is not that they are against 9.68 but that they are not in compliance.
Screen capture. Easiest way without software in windows is to hit "print screen". The entire screen is copied to the clip board, where you can paste it into MS Paint. (Edit -> Paste). then you can crop out what you want to keep. In a hurry I'll actually "cut" what I want to keep (say what is above) and do file -> new in paint and paste that back in all over again. Otherwise, you can grab an app to do screen grabs that lets you select a specific area too.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Sheesh! Seems like a lot of these areas down by Cinci either just don't get it or they are taking their cue from Cinci themselves. Phonecall to the parks inbound...
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Email sent to Mr. Tony Hale with regard to the park.

I will check back in a couple of days or report here with any further correspondence...
Chris

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
sxshep

Post by sxshep »

I captured the image on my Macbook using Apple+Shift+4

Thanks for the call, Charben... let us know where it goes.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison
fisher3

Post by fisher3 »

Not that it really matters one way or the other but I think that may be a new sign.

I do not go to this park but do drive by it every day. The sign is rather large and easily seen from the road. I think I would have noticed it previously just driving by.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

fisher3 wrote:Not that it really matters one way or the other but I think that may be a new sign.

I do not go to this park but do drive by it every day. The sign is rather large and easily seen from the road. I think I would have noticed it previously just driving by.
Fisher, keep on eye on this for me would you? I haven't yet gotten a reply to my email. But in a few days, I'll follow with a phone call...
Chris

charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Here is the email I just received:
Thank you for your interest in Patricia Allyn Park. I have forwarded your concerns to the Township Administrator and will keep you posted as to the outcome.

Sincerely,

Tony L. Hale
Park Operations Manager
Clearcreek Township
Chris

sxshep

Post by sxshep »

Drove by yesterday again, here is the sign...

Thomas Edison
fisher3

Post by fisher3 »

I noticed the sign this evening as well. I will be out of town for a week or so but will try to check out some of the other township parks in the area.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

I have not heard another thing. I will be calling on Monday...
Chris

fisher3

Post by fisher3 »

I just drove by and the sign was down. I still want to check some of the other parks in the township but it will have to be in a week or so when I am back in town
sxshep

Post by sxshep »

Wow, that was quick... I wonder how long it was up before they got a call from people.

High five Charben!
Thomas Edison