Patricia Allyn Park, Waynesville

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Patricia Allyn Park, Waynesville

Post by charben »

I was golfing today and was totally away from my computer (kind of nice, actually). At any rate, I see that someone confirmed that the sign was down. That saves me from asking! Here is the email I received today:
Mr. Harben,

I have been directed by the Township Administrator to remove the sign at the entrance to Patricia Allyn Park, and that has been done. Again, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Sincerely,

Tony L. Hale
Park Operations Manager
Clearcreek Township
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

charben wrote:I was golfing today and was totally away from my computer (kind of nice, actually). At any rate, I see that someone confirmed that the sign was down. That saves me from asking! Here is the email I received today:
Mr. Harben,

I have been directed by the Township Administrator to remove the sign at the entrance to Patricia Allyn Park, and that has been done. Again, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Sincerely,

Tony L. Hale
Park Operations Manager
Clearcreek Township
I'm sure it was just an oversight to have missed that back when the OSC ruled for preemption. :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
dan901

Post by dan901 »

I was out at Patricia Allyn Park this weekend and noticed the sign. Saw there was already a thread started here. If the signs were gone at one time, they are back. Didn't notice anything at the entrance, but they are posted through out like the picture...

sxshep

Post by sxshep »

I never did go inside, just spotted the entrance one... wonder if those have been there all along :roll:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

charben wrote:I was golfing today and was totally away from my computer (kind of nice, actually). At any rate, I see that someone confirmed that the sign was down. That saves me from asking! Here is the email I received today:
Mr. Harben,

Sincerely,

Tony L. Hale
Park Operations Manager
Clearcreek Township
Did anyone notice that they did exactly what was asked of them! :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
sxshep

Post by sxshep »

hahahaha yeah that's interesting...
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison
dan901

Post by dan901 »

Looks like Charbin sent the original message to the township. I'd be all about sending them an email or letter, but I really don't know what to write specifically.
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

FYI.

As of two weeks ago, they have removed the signs in the display case also.

Entire park is now Gunbuster free from what I can see.

JLE
sxshep

Post by sxshep »

With exception to the maintenance building (for employees) in the North east corner of the park... I was there playing Frisbee golf Saturday and noticed it
Thomas Edison
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

sxshep wrote:With exception to the maintenance building (for employees) in the North east corner of the park... I was there playing Frisbee golf Saturday and noticed it
Wouldn't that building be required to post? As a building on gov't property that isn't a shelter, restroom or parking facility.