Lorain County, hold for 2nd round.

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
JSLACK7851

Re: Lorain County, hold for 2nd round.

Post by JSLACK7851 »

I understand, thanks for the replies.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Citizen of Ohio, United States of America
gmhiggins

Re: Lorain County Political Sub Division

Post by gmhiggins »

JSLACK7851 wrote:Should we believe the E Mail from the Head Ranger? Or should we believe what we see in writing?
I would personally go with the e-mail, which is also what we know to be true.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Cruiser wrote: Use that thing between your ears
To do what? :wink: :D
The British are going! The British are going!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

muxtech wrote:
Cruiser wrote: Use that thing between your ears
To do what? :wink: :D
To put dents in a wall? :wink:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
JSLACK7851

Post by JSLACK7851 »

Is your local city park banning firearms?

In the past two weeks we've become aware of a city actively writing rules to ban concealed carry (or firearms in general) in their city parks - and we've become engaged in that process. The State of Ohio is huge, so the only way WE can become involved is if YOU tell us its happening.

Use the Contact Us link at OhioCCW.org to tell us about any city owned parks that have either published rules or signs prohibiting concealed carry anywhere other than a building - so if you see one on a pavillion, the entrace to a park, the parking lots, or a building that is primarily a restroom take a photo and get in touch with us.

I got this in the mail today from OFCC.

Lakeview Park in Lorain (Lorain County Metro) still has the same old sign up.
JSLACK7851 wrote: 8.0 FIREARMS, FIREWORKS, EXPLOSIVES, DANGEROUS WEAPONS, DANGEROUS ORDINANCE, OR BOWS OR ARROWS
8.1 No person, except duly authorized employees, Rangers or other law enforcement officers shall carry, possess or have available or discharge firearms of any description, air or gas gun, sling shot, boomerang or any missile throwing device within park property
What was the original date on this post?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Two years since the last post and the illegal rules are still posted at Lorain County Metroparks Day's Dam hike and bike trail. The stand alone restrooms are posted on each door, "No guns anywhere on premises". The rules board states:
8.0 FIREARMS, FIREWORKS, EXPLOSIVES, DANGEROUS WEAPONS, DANGEROUS ORDINANCE, OR BOWS OR ARROWS
8.1 No person, except duly authorized employees, Rangers or other law enforcement officers shall carry, possess or have available or discharge firearms of any description, air or gas gun, sling shot, boomerang or any missile throwing device within park property
I was non-compliant of their posted rules. :evil: I'll get pictures next week. Looks like they say one thing and do another.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I don't think anybody cares Mux. Signs probably cost $100 or so and we all know there is no money in the budget for that.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

The signs don't look old. It appears they can sure afford to maintain or replace them. I may contact them myself and ask, "what gives?" By now something should have changed. They can't post the darn restrooms. Taking the signs down doesn't cost anything.

This is why people say, "why get a CHL, you can't carry anywhere." They get false information and believe it. It's like the stupid Alcohol Control sign. All it does is mislead. Ain't right.
JSLACK7851

Post by JSLACK7851 »

pirateguy191 wrote:I don't think anybody cares Mux.
I missed you at the two open carry events we had at Lakeview Park, Mux.

I'm sure somebody at this forum will spend hours and weeks working on this problem on your behalf.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

No thanks, I can check Lakeview for signage and contact the parks myself.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

muxtech wrote:No thanks, I can check Lakeview for signage and contact the parks myself.
Mux-

Any update on the park situation?

I may be traveling up to the Lorain County Fair to take some pictures of "No Guns" signs and maybe get arrested.

Maybe I could go for a walk in the park and get arrested there, too?
MyWifeSaidYes