Newark Earth Works Park

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
rottman43055

Newark Earth Works Park

Post by rottman43055 »

If this has been covered, forgive me.

I just went to walk my dog at Newark Earthworks & on the sign posting park regulations Firearms & other explosive devices where prohibited.

It said The Ohio Historical Society & ORC Section 155.05

Is this legally a no carry zone?

Here is a link to the park: http://ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/places/c08/index.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

{Moved to the appropriate forum-sabalo}
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
Helen Keller

The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson
GlockMan27

Re: Newark Earth Works Park

Post by GlockMan27 »

Hey Rottman, I did bring this one up here (page 2) but haven't seen anything posted about it yet. MrMagoo had sent a letter back in Oct last year but still hasn't heard anything back on it yet either I guess.

Anyone else have any updates on how these 9.68 compliances are going?

This is another park, in Newark, I had posted about around the same time.