Cool preemption violation map - useful?

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
BB62

Cool preemption violation map - useful?

Post by BB62 »

I found this over at the PA Firearm Owners Assn website (http://www.pafoa.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 624023&z=7

and thought it might be a useful capability for this or other projects.

I don't know how to make it a hot link.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
cmarks03

Re: Cool preemption violation map - useful?

Post by cmarks03 »

Another good use would be for the DNPWA database and/or the safe alternatives database. Be able to zoom in on your town and see where to go and, more importantly, where not to go.

No clue how the Google Maps application works, but with time it would enhance the DNPWA database with both a graphical view and more accurate info in the future if integrated with Google Maps and Search (be able to search Google for the place's yellow pages entry, and auto-fill the info in the submission form).
- Chris
"I are a engineer"
"I'm not fat - I'm grossly overdesigned" (Morne)
"People can see your gun. Just be sure to reserve the view of the muzzle for the really bad ones." (muxtech)

Though I do have Progressive insurance, IANAL and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. This is my $.02; remember you paid less than that for it.