Edinburg Township Park, Portage County - Still Posted

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
luvmysigp225

Edinburg Township Park, Portage County - Still Posted

Post by luvmysigp225 »

Edinburg Township is located in Northeast, Ohio in Portage County. Several miles Southeast of Ravenna. It is located near the junction of State Route 14 and Interstate 76. Many of you have probably passed it on the way to Westbranch State Park. Edinburg Township Park is located on Rock Spring Road in Edinburg.

They were one of the many first townships eager to post, when CHL laws were enacted. They posted heavily, at every Township facility, including the Cemetary.

A little history. I was born and raised in Edinburg Township. I lived there from 1969 until 1988 when I left for the U.S. Army, and then returned home in the early '90's. I have an accumulated 25 years living in Edinburg. My relatives have maintained a presence in Edinburg Township for over 100 years, and there are still headstones of my relatives bearing death dates in the late 1800's. Edinburg has always been a nice rural area, with many small farms and back, country roads. Growing up, many of our roads were dirt or chip and seal. In my youth, the kids would many times carry our .22 rifles, slung across our backs and walk the old back roads to our friend's houses. We all had guns as kids, and we all hunted squirrel. Once a week or so, the Sheriff would patrol our road and would pass us walking down the road with our rifles. Nothing more than a friendly wave. Mind you, this was the 1980's, and not the 1880's. I am not THAT old. LOL.

Unfortunately, many suburbanites and urbanites have moved out to my old hometown and built their el cheapo, overpriced "McMansions", in a feable attempt at "country living". They have also brought with them their typical inability to think for themselves and their distorted fears and views. Ever since this proliferation of new families, complaints against hunters and locals discharging their firearms has gone through the roof. Nothing like wanting to move out and see how the other side lives......while trying to change how they live.

Anyhow, I frequent the Township Park, although I am presently not residing there (I now live in a community down the road). My family elders even had our family reunion at this park this summer. I had been hoping that the signs would come down in light of the recent court ruling, but it appears that Township Leaders plan to stick to their guns. ILLEGALLY.

Anyhow, I woke up this morning, and it was unseasonably warm, and I decided to go for a ride with the kids. I also decided to make a reconnaisance mission, to see if the Township had removed their signs. I decided to share my findings with you all.

This sign posted along the drive at the entrance.

This sign posted by the ball fields and parking areas.

http://www.soviet-steel.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Discussion forum dedicated to EasternBloc pistols and rifles.
tjeffries

Re: Edinburg Township Park, Portage County - Still Posted

Post by tjeffries »

Good post, but would probably get more attention if moved here :wink:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

Great Idea ! Moved.
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Update?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
luvmysigp225

Post by luvmysigp225 »

Do we know if anyone from OFCC has contacted anyone at Edinburg Township to see what their reponse is?

Thanks,
http://www.soviet-steel.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Discussion forum dedicated to EasternBloc pistols and rifles.