Franklin County Parking Garage - Posted - Investigating

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
FireEMSPolice
*** Banned ***

Franklin County Parking Garage - Posted - Investigating

Post by FireEMSPolice »

Today, when I went to the Franklin County Courthouse, I noticed that the parking garage behind the Franklin County Courthouse Annex (410 South High St) was posted.
MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Franklin County Parking Garage - Posted

Post by MrMagoo »

I'll ride down there and get a picture. This may be a case similar to the statehouse underground garage where we're waiting on an AG opinion. Don't know yet but will investigate. Thanks for the post.
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
FireEMSPolice
*** Banned ***

Re: Franklin County Parking Garage - Posted - Investigating

Post by FireEMSPolice »

Thanks! If I didnt have such a busy schedule, I would have snapped a picture.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Is this parking garage part of the court building itself or is it a completely stand-alone building? I'm wondering if this might be covered by the "courthouse or into another building or structure in which a courtroom is located" exception.
FireEMSPolice
*** Banned ***

Post by FireEMSPolice »

It is behind the Franklin County Courthouse Annex, which is across the street from the Courthouse. The Annex is the place you go to get your CHL if that helps.

There is a sign on the parking garage that says, "Franklin County Parking Garage."
EMPJohn

Post by EMPJohn »

The Sheriff has a lot of personnel with offices in the annex building. I wouldn't be surprised if they argue against taking signs down.
MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by MrMagoo »

I'll ride down tomrrow and check it out. Look for a post from me tomorrow night on the subject.
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by MrMagoo »

I rode down to the garage today. The garage is part of the same building that houses either the juvinile detention center or the juvinile court or maybe both (I don't remember). Sincde there are accesses from the garage into the rest of the building it appears that their post to prohibit firearms is legal.
FireEMSPolice
*** Banned ***

Re: Franklin County Parking Garage - Posted - Legal CPZ

Post by FireEMSPolice »

Did you check the right garage? Not the Juvenile Detention Center garage. The one I mentioned is behind the Annex.
MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Franklin County Parking Garage - Posted - Legal CPZ

Post by MrMagoo »

FireEMSPolice wrote:Did you check the right garage? Not the Juvenile Detention Center garage. The one I mentioned is behind the Annex.
There was a big sign on it saying Franklin County Parking Garage. I didn't catch the address. It's on the West side of Front Street just North of Fulton Ave. It may not have been the right place, even number addresses are on the East side of the streets in Columbus. I'll check it out again and take the adddress with me this time.
FireEMSPolice
*** Banned ***

Post by FireEMSPolice »

I went down there today. Its the parking garage at East Mound Street and South Pearle Street.