Defiance County needs a nudge-letter drafted

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Defiance County needs a nudge-letter drafted

Post by bignflnut »

Dear OFCC,
After meeting with the Sheriff today I understand that I should expect some fight from the County Commissioners about the signs posted at the entrances of county fairgrounds (where people regularly walk pets or get out for exercise). "You'll probably have to sue to get them down."

Furthermore, I should expect to be charged with disorderly conduct were I to carry a firearm openly in this county, or so I'm told.

County Commissioners
500 Court Street (Suite A)
Defiance, Ohio 43512
419-782-4761
(Fax:419-782-8449)

Sheriff Westrick
113 Biede Ave
Defiance, OH 43512

419-784-1155 Phone
419-784-1592 Fax

He did say that I could expect a response from him (in "3-4 weeks", after the election) about carrying at the Fairgrounds. He needs to check with the Buckeye Sheriff's Association (past president).

I am at your service.

Sincerely,
Disheartened in Defiance County
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Defiance County needs a nudge-need pictures

Post by MrMagoo »

Can you post some pictures?
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I've got a picture...file is too big to display here. Someone PM me and I'll be happy to forward the file to another address.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Scavok

Post by Scavok »

bignflnut wrote:I've got a picture...file is too big to display here. Someone PM me and I'll be happy to forward the file to another address.
How to post images
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Cool Trick Scavok.

A thousand thanks.

MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Defiance County needs a nudge-letter drafted

Post by MrMagoo »

A letter has been drafted and sent to Jeff.
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I love you guys. Keep us up to speed. I'd be happy to hand deliver anything.

delta5

Post by delta5 »

bignflnut wrote:Dear OFCC,
After meeting with the Sheriff today I understand that I should expect some fight from the County Commissioners about the signs posted at the entrances of county fairgrounds (where people regularly walk pets or get out for exercise). "You'll probably have to sue to get them down."

Furthermore, I should expect to be charged with disorderly conduct were I to carry a firearm openly in this county, or so I'm told.

County Commissioners
500 Court Street (Suite A)
Defiance, Ohio 43512
419-782-4761
(Fax:419-782-8449)

Sheriff Westrick
113 Biede Ave
Defiance, OH 43512

419-784-1155 Phone
419-784-1592 Fax

He did say that I could expect a response from him (in "3-4 weeks", after the election) about carrying at the Fairgrounds. He needs to check with the Buckeye Sheriff's Association (past president).

I am at your service.

Sincerely,
Disheartened in Defiance County
I only live a few mins from Defiance county. I wonder how that sheriff feels about boosting the amount of money in my retirement piggy bank?
NRA Member
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

May I help in some way? I'd be willing to write / deliver whatever you saw fit.

Thanks.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

If you would kindly post the letter, I'll deliver.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bign, you may be hollering down a well unless you e-mail Jeff/Mr Magoo.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

MrMagoo wrote:A letter has been drafted and sent to Jeff.
Just because it was sent to Jeff does not mean it was sent.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... 3&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Mr. Magoo has informed me that a letter has been drafted for DELAWARE County, not Definace County.

Thanks Brian D, good advice.

MrMagoo
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by MrMagoo »

I plan on attending the Delaware Agricultural Society meeting next week where I'll make a presentation regarding the signs posted at the entrances of the Delaware Co. fairgrounds. I'll give them the letter with copies going to the county commissioners. Once we're successful getting one county on record for removing the signs that can be used as precident for other counties that have the same situation. Stay tuned........
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

I met with a member of the Defiance County Fair Board this afternoon and talked about the signs. She said that she had "heard" something about this but it was never formally discussed. She did mention the fact that the grounds were owned by the County while the buildings are owned by the Fair Board. That seems to make it a slam dunk in getting signs down from the grounds.

At any rate, she committed to me to bring it up at the next Board meeting which is this Saturday. This is someone I will have contact with on a weekly basis for the next 3 months so I expect to be able to stay on top of this pretty well.

I'll post updates here as appropriate.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."