Defiance County needs a nudge-letter drafted

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Stephen2

Re: Defiance County needs a nudge-letter drafted

Post by Stephen2 »

bignflnut wrote:I love you guys.
Ummmm....
Umm, that's cartridges, not bullets and magazines, not clips.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I met with the newly-elected Fair Board President (Dave) today at his office. He knows that the signs are illegal and wants to convince the others by getting a "legal opinion". I gave him the legal codes on it.

He's says he'll bring it up in the Executive Committee Saturday morning. He thinks he has a majority that will vote with him on the matter.

He knew that this was coming.

I'll follow up with him next week to check progress. Thanks Charben.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

bignflnut wrote:I met with the newly-elected Fair Board President (Dave) today at his office. He knows that the signs are illegal and wants to convince the others by getting a "legal opinion". I gave him the legal codes on it.

He's says he'll bring it up in the Executive Committee Saturday morning. He thinks he has a majority that will vote with him on the matter.

He knew that this was coming.

I'll follow up with him next week to check progress. Thanks Charben.
Whats to vote on? They are not permitted by law! They must be removed.
But good work on your part.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

After speaking to the President of the Fair Board (Dave), I'm to understand that the executive committee will not seek approval to apply state law and will remove the signs in the near future.

Cruiser sees it the same way the executive committee does.

When others get wind of it (commissioners, past president, etc.)...we'll see if they go back up.

On a disturbing note, he claimed that the exception was "fair week". I am not aware of this exception, and we'll discuss it more as fair week approaches in late August.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

bignflnut wrote:After speaking to the President of the Fair Board (Dave), I'm to understand that the executive committee will not seek approval to apply state law and will remove the signs in the near future.

Cruiser sees it the same way the executive committee does.

When others get wind of it (commissioners, past president, etc.)...we'll see if they go back up.

On a disturbing note, he claimed that the exception was "fair week". I am not aware of this exception, and we'll discuss it more as fair week approaches in late August.
Here is your "Way to go" good job.
Thanks
Abandon ye all HOPE!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Signs down as of Monday, let the games begin.

BB62

Post by BB62 »

Nice job!!!

When will you be able to get clarification on the choice to post/not to post for "fair week"?

If you are not able not until shortly before that week, I imagine it will be hard do get the board to pull their temporaty signage on short notice.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor