SUCCESS - Reading, Ohio

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
color of law
*** Banned ***

Re: SUCCESS - Reading, Ohio

Post by color of law »

Brian D. wrote:Yes, my visit to Koenig Park this morning did NOT include a 'Snoopy dance'. As JEaton reports there's still a sign up along Columbia Ave., and another on the south end (McWhorter Ave.). In fairness, the latter sign would have been hard for the police chief to take down, unless he keeps a stepladder in his cruiser.

But it appears that Reading is now trying to obey the law.
I'll let the chief know about the one at the ??West?? end McWhorter Ave. Brian D. I did not see it. Are you talking about in the culdesac????
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Tweed Ring wrote:Unless the people who run OFCC are channeling Gov. Napolitano (D-AZ) they remain volunteers. By definition, volunteers are permitted to have other interests, i.e., jobs, families, hobbies, and other interests. Periodically, they may also take naps or even sleep.
What's this? We're allowed to sleep...? How come nobody told me that? :?
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Perhaps you did not read the memorandum entitled: To sleep ...Perchance to Dream
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

color of law wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Yes, my visit to Koenig Park this morning did NOT include a 'Snoopy dance'. As JEaton reports there's still a sign up along Columbia Ave., and another on the south end (McWhorter Ave.). In fairness, the latter sign would have been hard for the police chief to take down, unless he keeps a stepladder in his cruiser.

But it appears that Reading is now trying to obey the law.
I'll let the chief know about the one at the ??West?? end McWhorter Ave. Brian D. I did not see it. Are you talking about in the culdesac????
It's actually facing the south side of the park, on a pole down the left field line of the baseball diamond, COL.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Brian D. I will contact the chief and let him know.

Jeff has contacted me to apologized, and same has been accepted.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

I did two jobs adjacent to that park a couple of months back. I was carrying but I didn't even know it was posted. I wasn't looking for them though. Glad to hear it's OK to carry there now. I'm sure there are more water prevention jobs we will get in that area and I will not have to worry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

The police chief Scott Snow called me today to inform me that all signs are down.

I thanked him for his good work.

If you want to E-Mail him and thank him you may.

http://www.readingohio.org/contact.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Well, they are getting really close. I saw the one on Columbia was gone this morning and as part of my celebration I drove around the rest of the park. They missed on sign on McWhorter Ave. It is the one that BrianD mentioned which was still there. Brian is correct, they will need a ladder and some trees trimmed to get easy access to it. It is on the telephone pole at the McWhorter Ave entrance to the park.

If it wasn't so high, I would volunteer to remove it for him and ship it to Toby Hoover for disposal.

JLE
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I stopped into the Reading PD yesterday to thank Chief Snow. He had just left for a meeting so I asked several of his officers and the dispatcher to pass along the gratitude of both myself and OFCC.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.