SUCCESS - DIT - City of Independence - Cease & Desist Sent

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

SUCCESS - DIT - City of Independence - Cease & Desist Sent

Post by jgarvas »

On Monday, September 22nd OFCC sent a Cease & Desist letter to the City of Independence with a deadline of this Friday to remove their signs, particularly because removing a sign that is unenforceable shouldn't require an act of their council.

The full story is here: City of Independence Cease & Desist Letter

Status: The City of Independence holds Council meetings on the Second Tuesday of the month. The next regular meeting will be held on October 14th, 2008. The City has until this Friday (September 26th) to remove their signs and/or show active compliance or OFCC will pursue legal action in this case.

We believe that one member of the council is considering drafting a resolution and others and/or the police chief wish to ignore the situation and leave the signs posted for deterrent without enforcement.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Glock Rock

Re: City of Independence - Cease & Desist Sent

Post by Glock Rock »

GREAT letter and follow through.

Donation on the way!
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: SUCCESS - DIT - City of Independence - Cease & Desist Sent

Post by jgarvas »

Status: Ordinance Repealed In Emergency Legislation Tuesday Night in a 6-1 vote. We'll have details about the councilman who has been helping us make this happen for a few months in the story on the website.

We've been successful in the City of Independence. A story is being drafted and will be posted on the main page of http://www.OhioCCW.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this evening.

For those of you who live there, yes I know that the signs are still posted. If you notice those go down in the next 48 hours feel free to post a change in that status here.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Scavok

eBay?

Post by Scavok »

Someone should get a hold of these signs and sell them on eBay--I here antiques fetch good money.
My sig line violated TOS so now it is gone...
Oldsarge

Re: eBay?

Post by Oldsarge »

Scavok wrote:Someone should get a hold of these signs and sell them on eBay--I here antiques fetch good money.
I hear they fetch good money there also. :shock:
Semper Fi! Jim

"America will never be destroyed from outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
- Abraham Lincoln

OFCC
NRA
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

I will pay $100 for every No-Gun sign scalp!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Ebay? Nah. Do like the gun grabbers do and make a big production out of running over them with a steamroller, chopping them up, melting them down, etc. Better yet, twist one up and make a statue out of it in front of the UN building, or at least the State Capitol Building. :twisted:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Jerry B.

Post by Jerry B. »

The signs have finally come down. I went down Rt. 21 today (October 1st, 2008) and the CPZ sign was gone by the Independence Historical Society. Great job Jeff !!!!!!! :mrgreen:

NRA member.
CCW holder and staunch supporter of 2nd amendment rights.
Glock G19 W/Crimson Trace Laser Grips
SIG SAUER P229 Elite Stainless .40 cal
Glock G21SF 45ACP