Request For City Park & Gun Ordinance Violators

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Request For City Park & Gun Ordinance Violators

Post by jgarvas »

Ohioans For Concealed Carry is interested in getting contact information with respect to any local community that has a known park ban, signs, or other ordinances in place.

If you have this information please submit it to me in a PM. Photos of the signs, copies of the ordinace, and contact information for city officials goes a very long way in helping us send them the appropriate letters. As we do that, we'll post those letters here and on the main page at http://OhioCCW.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
djthomas

Re: Request For City Park & Gun Ordinance Violators

Post by djthomas »

Just to avoid any duplication of effort (yet) - I've got letters written to Rocky River, Fairview Park, and Westlake. All signs are still up and I mailed personal letters to the respective law directors with a CC to the appropriate recreation department head. If no action is seen in the next few weeks or they indicate that they plan to dig in, I'll submit them to OFCC.
fisher

Post by fisher »

Union Township will be taking theirs down:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... &sk=t&sd=a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jerry B.

Post by Jerry B. »

jgarvas wrote:Ohioans For Concealed Carry is interested in getting contact information with respect to any local community that has a known park ban, signs, or other ordinances in place.

If you have this information please submit it to me in a PM. Photos of the signs, copies of the ordinace, and contact information for city officials goes a very long way in helping us send them the appropriate letters. As we do that, we'll post those letters here and on the main page at http://OhioCCW.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi there Jeff ! :mrgreen: Don't forget about Independence, Ohio !!!!!!! :lol:

My cousin is introducing legislation to reverse their law but he did tell me that there is resistance among other council members and the votes might not be there to get the law off of the books. PM or call me if you find out anthing different Jeff. You got my cell phone number.

NRA member.
CCW holder and staunch supporter of 2nd amendment rights.
Glock G19 W/Crimson Trace Laser Grips
SIG SAUER P229 Elite Stainless .40 cal
Glock G21SF 45ACP
damitjim65

Post by damitjim65 »

Southbound 71 just north of Median, OH there is a CPZ sign to the right of the front door. I spoke to one of the attendants and he told me that every rest area around has them up. That was on Saturday 9-20.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

+1 on that, the rest area on I71 in Sunbury is still posted. Is there a time that they will remove the no-longer-applicable signs?
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Jerry B. wrote:Hi there Jeff ! :mrgreen: Don't forget about Independence, Ohio !!!!!!!
The Independence Law Director was quoted in the Plain Dealer as saying the city would comply with the OSC decision.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

damitjim65 wrote:Southbound 71 just north of Median, OH there is a CPZ sign to the right of the front door. I spoke to one of the attendants and he told me that every rest area around has them up. That was on Saturday 9-20.
evan price wrote:+1 on that, the rest area on I71 in Sunbury is still posted. Is there a time that they will remove the no-longer-applicable signs?
Since the thread is entitled "City Park & Gun Ordinance", a list of state rest areas probably isn't what he is looking for.
Sky Pilot

Post by Sky Pilot »

PM sent
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Another user mentioned Hanover, Ohio as a city with a park posted.
generaljl

Post by generaljl »

I will check the City of Brooklyn tomorrow. Don't think they had an ordinance, just signs.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Don't know if OFCC wants to aim at this one, but Toledo mass transit buses have CPZ signs on them. Might be something to check out. I haven't written nor pictured anything yet as this popped up in my head this morning. Will take a look around if it is a feasible option.
pistolpete

Post by pistolpete »

Pacesetter park in Sylvania Ohio is still posted. PM sent.
"ACLU- Protecting criminals from people like you!"
1/2 Hour News Hour
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Koenig Park in Reading is the only one that city ever posted. And it still is, right where the parking spots along the street meet the edge of the grass. PM inbound with contact info.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

If one of the eastsiders is going to do Cleveland Heights, please mention it here. Otherwise, the next time I am on that side of town, I will stop and take some photos.