Request For City Park & Gun Ordinance Violators

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Request For City Park & Gun Ordinance Violators

Post by jgarvas »

Did you record this? I'd like to write a letter to them tomorrow. Independence backed down so quickly I'm actually disappointed :)
Buckshot wrote:How about the statement of the Mayor of Toledo, Carlton Finkbiner, that they WOULD NOT take down their signs in their city parks, nor would they fail to enforce the laws if they found someone carrying in their city parks?

Said it for at least one TV station's broadcast as a counterpoint to them reporting the Clyde VS OFCC decision.

Buckshot
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

mattswabb wrote: I know that Elyria passed an ordinance in April 2004 that banned firearms from the city parks. Since then HB 347 took care of this. I've been to every council meeting since the end of '04 and this ordinance is still on the books. What concerns me is that sometime down the road the home rule is reversed then these laws are there and could then be enforced.

If you need any assistance in removing these laws in Elyria let me know, I'd be happy to help.
I thought Elyria repealed their ordinance but left the rules and/or signs in place. Can you confirm and we'll work on it?
Jeff Garvas, President

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Thread Locked - For easier readability please create a new thread for each city that is not in compliance. Then old issues will roll off the page.
Jeff Garvas, President

Is that you?