Champaign County Fairgrounds are still posted

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Defender SR-9

Champaign County Fairgrounds are still posted

Post by Defender SR-9 »

I took my daughter and granddaughter out to the fair today in Urbana and a good time was had. But to my disappointment, the Champaign County Ag Society is non-compliant with ORC 9.68 and has signs illegally posted stating that it was illegal to carry. I didn't get any pictures but should be going back up to the fair again and will take some photos.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Champaign County Fairgrounds are still posted

Post by Javelin Man »

I raced there about five years ago and they had signs up, this year the signs are even bigger. I didn't say anything as I needed to get to the barns.

My horse won this afternoon! I was in the first race against other horses that were nonwinners of a ham sandwich.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Defender SR-9

Post by Defender SR-9 »

Javelin Man,
What a coincidence, that was the first race I've ever watched and I saw you win, if it was the first race of the day. I wanted to watch more, but my four year old granddaughter wasn't having no part of it with all the thrill rides there! :)

Congratulations to you and your horse!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Defender SR-9 wrote:Javelin Man,
What a coincidence, that was the first race I've ever watched and I saw you win, if it was the first race of the day. I wanted to watch more, but my four year old granddaughter wasn't having no part of it with all the thrill rides there! :)

Congratulations to you and your horse!
Thank you! :D That was me and my diminuitive two year old pacer "The Cone Ranger" winning the first race. My 22 year old daughter came running into the winner's circle in time for the photo. Four year olds have a way of talking grandparents into going to the rides.

Urbana seems set on keeping large and obnoxious signs posted. :x The only downer of the day. My Kahr stayed in the truck the whole time anyway, but improper signs should be removed.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Javelin and Defender,

Do you two want to flip a coin to see which of you gives the Ag Soc a call?

I don't have any gas money left or I would visit while armed and simply press the issue.

Of course, I'm just interested to see how good the bologna sandwiches are at the county jail.
MyWifeSaidYes
Defender SR-9

Post by Defender SR-9 »

Seeing as it is my hometown fairground, I'll give it a shot! :D
MWSY, I'll PM for some details on being so effective.
Defender SR-9

Post by Defender SR-9 »

For the record, I notified Champaign County Ag Society that as a public entity, it is their duty to uphold the law, to include ORC 9.68. We'll see how long before we get a response.

MWSY, I copied and pasted one of your formatted letters. I truly appreciate the hard work you put in, you're a true servant to the community. Thank you!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Slave.

Servants get paid.

:P
MyWifeSaidYes
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Slave.

Servants get paid.

But, you're paid with our thanks, and the tears of the anti-RKBA crowd when we prevail.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

http://liberaltears.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

Defender SR-9 wrote:For the record, I notified Champaign County Ag Society that as a public entity, it is their duty to uphold the law, to include ORC 9.68. We'll see how long before we get a response.

MWSY, I copied and pasted one of your formatted letters. I truly appreciate the hard work you put in, you're a true servant to the community. Thank you!
I assume there has been no response in this matter?
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

ohiophotog wrote:I assume there has been no response in this matter?
Defender hasn't logged in since August.

I hope he didn't get lost in the bureaucracy.

MyWifeSaidYes
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Couldn't find my post on the "NO GUNS" signs at the gates of the Champaign County Fairgrounds, Ohio, but anyway I was there today for a flea market and the signs are gone from the gates. I also did not see ANY of the building with signs. This is a good thing. Many vendors had anywhere from 2 to 6 firearms on tables inside the buildings.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

qmti wrote:Couldn't find my post on the "NO GUNS" signs at the gates of the Champaign County Fairgrounds, Ohio, but anyway I was there today for a flea market and the signs are gone from the gates. I also did not see ANY of the building with signs. This is a good thing. Many vendors had anywhere from 2 to 6 firearms on tables inside the buildings.
I was in Urbana today 8-1-19 and went past the rear entrance of the fairgrounds. There are new "No Guns" signs posted on the light post by the entrance.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

qmti wrote:
qmti wrote:Couldn't find my post on the "NO GUNS" signs at the gates of the Champaign County Fairgrounds, Ohio, but anyway I was there today for a flea market and the signs are gone from the gates. I also did not see ANY of the building with signs. This is a good thing. Many vendors had anywhere from 2 to 6 firearms on tables inside the buildings.
I was in Urbana today 8-1-19 and went past the rear entrance of the fairgrounds. There are new "No Guns" signs posted on the light post by the entrance.

As I suspected the signs have been removed. Watch, they will re-appear during fair week.