Premier Health Bike Park, Lebanon Ohio

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Brian D.

Premier Health Bike Park, Lebanon Ohio

Post by Brian D. »

Some kind of public/private thing I guess. Saw the brown sign directing motorists to it along Ohio SR 48 before the exit at Turtle Creek-Union Road. Went east and it was at the eastern dead end of the road.

The sponsorship signs at the entrance indicate it to be a collaboration between Lebanon City Parks, Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Premier Health, and some other local corporate entities.

It's just some trails and man-made hills for mountain bikes and such to navigate.

The rules list included a prohibition of "unauthorized firearms". The more I see such weasel wording, the less clear it becomes, and the less I care to disarm to (possibly?) comply.

My best guess is that Lebanon maintains it, picks up the trash, etc. The only structure there is an open sided Picnic shelter; one Port-a-let is on site. No worries about either falling into the "government building" prohibition.

Those who haven't paid attention to the vagaries of the Ohio Revised Code might feel compelled to disarm, which is why such rules annoy me. Also, some Gladys Kravitz soccer..bike mom might feel a need to call the po-po if they spot an open, or poorly concealed, carrier.

I have no suggestions towards a solution, as long as our OGA contains Republican "squishies" along with anti-gun Dems, and we have an Attorney General like DeWine.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
BB62

Re: Premier Health Bike Park, Lebanon Ohio

Post by BB62 »

https://www.lebanonbikepark.org/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the page: "Owned and operated by the City of Lebanon Parks Department, the 45-acre bike park is conveniently located in Lebanon, Ohio just off Bypass 48 and I-71 near the Countryside YMCA."

As you said, typical misleading governmental entity wording.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor