window next to door with 9.68 sign

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
eddy883

window next to door with 9.68 sign

Post by eddy883 »

I walked to a building with a window on both sides of the door the left window had a 9.68 sign however the door did not. does the law consider that in plain sight
CZ-P09 , G26
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: window next to door with 9.68 sign

Post by evan price »

Did you see it?

If so it's in plain sight.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Go spend your money somewhere else. One IHOP out the four or so here post like that. I don't eat there.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

What's a 9.68 sign?
eddy883

Post by eddy883 »

djthomas wrote:What's a 9.68 sign?

no firearms sign
CZ-P09 , G26
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

eddy883 wrote:
djthomas wrote:What's a 9.68 sign?

no firearms sign
If you want to be correct, it's a 2923.126 sign.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

From ORC 2923.126 v2 (bold and underline are my emphasis)
(C)
(3)

(a) Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises. Except as otherwise provided in this division, a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If a person knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature and the posted land or premises primarily was a parking lot or other parking facility, the person is not guilty of criminal trespass under section 2911.21 of the Revised Code or under any other criminal law of this state or criminal law, ordinance, or resolution of a political subdivision of this state, and instead is subject only to a civil cause of action for trespass based on the violation.
Seriously, don't be the person who tries to work around the law on a slight technicality. Simply follow the law and disarm, or do business elsewhere. Those are your choices.
Randymp
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Randymp »

I walked into a business that was a CPZ. I didn’t see the sign at the entrance because the sign was placed opposite side of doorway next to the door jam. The side I entered from had the no smoking, no dogs and store hours signage. I saw the gun buster sign when waiting for my wife to checkout when I looked out the doorway. The window with the gun buster sign also had the no smoking, no dog and store hour signage. I would think a person could claim the sign was not visible to customers entering the store from the direction I did.