Ciy of Vandalia, Ohio

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Ray

Ciy of Vandalia, Ohio

Post by Ray »

Except as expressly permitted by State law, no person in a park
shall carry on his or her person firearms of any description.

I copied this from there park rules.....................
I would think because of ORC 9.67 that this comply to it.........

If I'm wrong please let me know............

Ray
Me and my
XD-9
Taurus 38
PT638 Pro-380
P-22
Sig 9 for wife
NRA Member
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Ciy of Vandalia, Ohio

Post by jgarvas »

Ray wrote:Except as expressly permitted by State law, no person in a park
shall carry on his or her person firearms of any description.

I copied this from there park rules.....................
I would think because of ORC 9.67 that this comply to it.........

If I'm wrong please let me know............

Ray
This is not permitted. They can't regulate possession. Where did you find the text?
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/ ... andalia_oh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chapter 1062 - Parks And Recreation Areas

1062.01 - Rules and regulations.
(v) Firearms , Weapons, Explosive Devices and Tools.

(1) Except as expressly permitted by State law, no person in a park shall carry on his or her person firearms of any description. No person in a park shall carry on or about his or her person any bows and arrows, air or gas guns, missiles, sling shots, or other missile throwing devices; provided, however, that bows and arrows may be carried in areas designated by the Director for archery purposes.

(2) No person shall shoot or discharge in a park, or into a park, firearms of any description, bows and arrows, air or gas guns, missiles, sling shots or other missile-throwing devices, provided, however, that bows and arrows may be used in areas designated by the Director for archery purposes.

(3) No person shall carry on or about his or her person in any park an axe, hatchet, saw or knife with a blade length that is longer than three inches.
MyWifeSaidYes
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

What happened to "ohiophotog?" last summer he was spearheading Vandalia. We even had a nice meet and greet at a local park.

Eta: link to list where we discussed it.

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... g#p4224458
Ray

Post by Ray »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/ ... andalia_oh

Chapter 1062 - Parks And Recreation Areas

1062.01 - Rules and regulations.
(v) Firearms , Weapons, Explosive Devices and Tools.

(1) Except as expressly permitted by State law, no person in a park shall carry on his or her person firearms of any description. No person in a park shall carry on or about his or her person any bows and arrows, air or gas guns, missiles, sling shots, or other missile throwing devices; provided, however, that bows and arrows may be carried in areas designated by the Director for archery purposes.

(2) No person shall shoot or discharge in a park, or into a park, firearms of any description, bows and arrows, air or gas guns, missiles, sling shots or other missile-throwing devices, provided, however, that bows and arrows may be used in areas designated by the Director for archery purposes.

(3) No person shall carry on or about his or her person in any park an axe, hatchet, saw or knife with a blade length that is longer than three inches.
Thanks MWSY......... I found OP from Vandalia's city website... However I did have to look for it........

Ray
Me and my
XD-9
Taurus 38
PT638 Pro-380
P-22
Sig 9 for wife
NRA Member
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

Sorry. I kinda dropped off the face of the earth there for a while. Numerous family problems redirected my attention away from most other activities.
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

No worries.

The bad laws will probably still be there when you are ready to get back into the fray.

:wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

"Except as expressly permitted by State law".
I think that open and concealed carry would be fine. Both permitted.
HancockCountyHaL
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:"Except as expressly permitted by State law".
Open carry is not "expressly permitted by state law" it's simply not prohibited. So, not fine that they have that.
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

TJW815 wrote:
Open carry is not "expressly permitted by state law" it's simply not prohibited. So, not fine that they have that.
Doesnt 9.68 expressly permit it?

Except as specifically provided by the United States Constitution, Ohio Constitution, state law, or federal law, a person, without further license, permission, restriction, delay, or process, may own, possess, purchase, sell, transfer, transport, store, or keep any firearm, part of a firearm, its components, and its ammunition.

(1) The possession, transporting, or carrying of firearms, their components, or their ammunition include, but are not limited to, the possession, transporting, or carrying, openly or concealed on a person's person or concealed ready at hand, of firearms, their components, or their ammunition.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

tbrew85 wrote:
TJW815 wrote:
Doesnt 9.68 expressly permit it?

Except as specifically provided by the United States Constitution, Ohio Constitution, state law, or federal law, a person, without further license, permission, restriction, delay, or process, may own, possess, purchase, sell, transfer, transport, store, or keep any firearm, part of a firearm, its components, and its ammunition.

(1) The possession, transporting, or carrying of firearms, their components, or their ammunition include, but are not limited to, the possession, transporting, or carrying, openly or concealed on a person's person or concealed ready at hand, of firearms, their components, or their ammunition.
How many people actually know that 9.68 actually exists? I had forgotten how it was written, my apologies. Regardless, the signs and ordinances are about as clear as the liquor control signs.

I asked my wife, who isn't overly concerned with 2nd amendment rights such as we are, what she thinks it means. She thought it meant that only police and the like can carry. So to me, that seems like it would be reason for someone to generate a MWAG call to 911.