Where to buy...? (Columbus/Dayton/Cincinnati)

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rattlehead

Where to buy...? (Columbus/Dayton/Cincinnati)

Post by rattlehead »

Hi all,

I'm getting back into reloading after taking a break for a few years. I moved here about a year ago, so I'm still feeling out the lay of the land re: local gun shops in SW Ohio. Just curious if anyone had a recommendation on where to look for powder and primers locally. Mostly looking to reload for 30-06, 45-70, 300 BLK, and 45 ACP with some 9mm thrown in.

Thanks!
Luv2Camp

Re: Where to buy...? (Columbus/Dayton/Cincinnati)

Post by Luv2Camp »

I buy my powder at sportsmans den in Shelby. Much of their powder is on sale this month. I think vances has pretty good prices on powder as well. My primers I use is sellier and Belloit and buy from cabellas when the are on sale. They do have to be seated deep enough though otherwise you can get them not to fire. Not as forgiving as other primers on seating depth needed. For heads I buy from Rocky Mountain reloading on line.
RichN

Re: Where to buy...? (Columbus/Dayton/Cincinnati)

Post by RichN »

Country Attic in South Lebanon (just north of Kings Island) usually has a good selection and decent prices.

http://www.countryattictreasures.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)