Ohio Local Gun Shop with Alliant 2400 on the shelf?

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

radiotron
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Ohio Local Gun Shop with Alliant 2400 on the shelf?

Post by radiotron »

My local LGS's are out of stock at the moment. :cry: Would like to give it a try in 357. I'm in NW Ohio.
Thanks!
-radiotron
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Ohio Local Gun Shop with Alliant 2400 on the shelf?

Post by Sevens »

Sportsman's Den in Shelby is likely to have it.

I say "likely" for a few reasons! First is that I can't be sure because I haven't been there in a good while. (I miss the place!) But I also say likely because this place has a helluva good stock of components and gear for handloading and always has. And lastly... this store has a longstanding relationship with Federal/Alliant/ATK, and if there is any one brand of powder they are most likely to have, it's gonna be Alliant.

2400 is a fantastic powder and a great choice for .357 Magnum. Many reports I have read actually prefer NON-magnum, regular pistol primers for revolver loads with 2400! No worries if you have or wish to use Magnum primers, but don't be led to believe that you need them for use with 2400, as you most definitely do not.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
radiotron
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Ohio Local Gun Shop with Alliant 2400 on the shelf?

Post by radiotron »

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll give them a call if I don't find any at the gun show at the Allen County Fairgrounds a week and a half from now. I've loaded a lot of .38 Special and others - love the mouse fart loads in .38 with polymer coated wadcutters and Bullseye, but would like to give .357 a try. I've been reading also that if you're using 2400 powder the Magnum primers are more or less optional.
-radiotron