Best place to buy corncob/walnut shell

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CMcLeish
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Best place to buy corncob/walnut shell

Post by CMcLeish »

Where is the best place to buy media and which do you have the best luck with? I've read pet stores sell walnut bird bedding for cheap but its dusty. I've also read to go to a welding supply for walnut blasting media which doesn't have dust.
NRA Life Member
OFCC Patron Member
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: Best place to buy corncob/walnut shell

Post by evan price »

I buy Zilla walnut online and use lots of it. Of course, i run a cement mixer for a tumbler.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Luv2Camp

Post by Luv2Camp »

I bought my walnut media at harbor freight but it is extremely dusty. I have to use my spinner to separate the media from the cases outside due to the amount of dust.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Pet stores also carry walnut media as lizard bedding. Been a while since I've gone that route so not sure on the cost comparison.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.