RCBS Hand Primer Tool

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BigV

RCBS Hand Primer Tool

Post by BigV »

I have used RCBS had primer tool 90200 for at least 5 years without any problems. Today while hand priming .45 acp I noticed the primers not fully seating in the primer pocket. I took the unit apart and found the Pivot Link Assembly badly worn on the ball end. Anyone else use the RCBS had primer tool and had issue with the pivot link wearing out? Are there better had primer tools available?
Thanks.
BigV
rexles

Re: RCBS Hand Primer Tool

Post by rexles »

I have an RCBS hand primer tool that is also wearing out and I been looking at the RCBS Universal tool.
I like the square primer holder better than the round one since the primers come in a square box.
Never pick a fight with an old man. If he can’t beat you he’ll just kill you!

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun....Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks. Thomas Jefferson

SHOOT SMART NW OHIO LLC NRA Certified Instructor, Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home

NRA Life Member, MVGCA,Tri-State Gun Collectors, OFCC, Patriot Guard Member.
BigV

Post by BigV »

Good news... I contacted RCBS and they are sending a replacement at no cost.
BigV
hAkron

Post by hAkron »

BigV wrote:Good news... I contacted RCBS and they are sending a replacement at no cost.
That would have been my suggestion, and I'm not the least bit surprised. RCBS, Hornady, and Dillon all have amazing customer service.