Shotgun Reloading stuff for Handgun Reloader Trade

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

synack2

Shotgun Reloading stuff for Handgun Reloader Trade

Post by synack2 »

Hey all. My father in law shot trap for years. I have inherited his reloading stuff, and I don't really need that much stuff. I have Herters single stage and a Hornady Progressive Reloader, looks like all the parts and dies are there. It is all 12 Gauge stuff. I would like to keep one of them (probably the single stage) so I can reload some shells if I ever need to, but I don't really like shotguns much (They hurt my girlie shoulders). I really would like to reload 380ACP and possibly 7.62x39 in the future. I also have Tubs full of Wads, Empty Shells, Bags of Lead Shot, Tons of Gun Powder, Some Kind of Scales. Primers, etc. I believe the last time he did any reloading was around 2002, so I am not sure if the powder is good, but I did reload two shells with it and tried them and they fired okay (I used a recipe he had written down)

I would be interested in selling or trading some of the shotgun stuff, it anyone is interested. I would like to get into reloading some handgun rounds. I am okay with single stage stuff but would rather have a progressive for as much as I like to shoot. I honestly have no idea how much this stuff is even worth, so any help on trying to figure out what I should price it at would also be appreciated.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
stephen45-70

Re: Shotgun Reloading stuff for Handgun Reloader Trade

Post by stephen45-70 »

ok my thoughts .

i have no thoughts on the shotgun loaders ... i dont load shotshells .

i do have thoughts on the powder ... if they are not full sealed cans dont use it . unless you are 100% certian that you know what is in the can . an personaly if i did not break the seal on the can im not 100%sure of whats in it .

as to any powder that you are 100% sure of ... keep it shot gun powders are very useful powders to have for handgun loading

and be careful whipping up shotshells in the mean time ... a lot of shotgun loads are very component specific bad things can happen quickly with shotshells
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I might be interested in shot, wads, primers. Depends on what you have. Shotshell loading is a bit more recipe dependant than metallic cartridges. I'm looking for Winchester or equivalent primers and wads, more open on shot but I like#8 mostly. But I'm open on the shot.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Dave Shooter

Post by Dave Shooter »

Syna ck,
I load a lot of handgun and some shotgun and am not too far from you. Send me a PM if you'd like to get together and I can give you an opinion.