Red Dot Loads

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Red Dot Loads

Post by Sevens »

Just for the sake of clarity because it matters, ATK ballisticians have assured me (and other folks) that published load data for Red Dot may be used by weight for Promo. In other words, it would not be accurate to throw out the term "SAME" as we discuss Promo/Red Dot.

I'd have to check my log... but I don't think I have sent even a single round of my Promo-powered Xtreme 230gr Plated RN over the chrono, ever. But I can say that I have built and shot SEVERAL thousand rounds of it... and at this point, probably through a dozen different handguns at least. Runs without failures of any manner, murders steel plates and just always does exactly what I ask of it. Pretty sure that I am also running 4.6gr of it under that slug.

If I do EVER run that load over the chrono, it'd only be by luck. Chrono'ing sucks, and vaccuums the fun out of any range day. I do it when I need to do it. There's a lot of stuff I am not sure of, but here's something I am 100% sure of: my .45 loads don't need to be clocked. ;) They just run -FAR- too well to give half a turd about what the snooty Chrono thinks about them.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!