Reloading bench cleanliness methods

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Klingon00

Re: Reloading bench cleanliness methods

Post by Klingon00 »

Aesinsp wrote:
Klingon00 wrote:I usually use a 3x5 index card to sweep it up onto a piece of paper or paper cup and discard that. There may not be much risk of an explosion with smokeless powder in the open but it sure is flammable!
Hmmm.. can you expound on that. I can speak to rubbing alcohol, but not this.
Sorry, I'm not sure which part you had a question about?
mbott

Post by mbott »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I vacuum it up. I figure with the small amount of powder and other dust in the vacumm cleaner the chances of anything are mimimal. I also only use bag vacs so the powder isn't "spinning" around inside a container. If one is talking a large quantity, I'd be hesitant on a vacuum.
My Shop Vac uses a bag also. No problem encountered here using the vac.

--
Mike
The fight will not be the way you want it to be. The fight will be the way it is. You must be flexible enough to adapt. -- Unknown
NRA Benefactor Life & Golden Eagle Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
Law Enforcement Sales, Retired
ScottyPotty
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by ScottyPotty »

I just use a shop vac or air compressor to blow it.
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader. Samuel Adams
mreising

Post by mreising »

Propane torch with a wide tip cleans it up nicely. :wink: and, just in case someone missed the winking smiley, I am just kidding.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Cloudwraith
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cloudwraith »

My reloading bench is the one part of my messy life that I like to keep clean. I don't spill much powder but when I do, I usually use a business card to scrape the spill together and put back in the hopper (no other contaminants around). The little flecks and pieces here and there from the press or the occasional dropped grain all get shop vac'd.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum