On the list of things NOT to do:

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

On the list of things NOT to do:

Post by Sevens »

Let's be safe while at that load bench, shall we?!

(I wanna tell you what you'll see, but it'll be more, ummm, interesting if ya just check it out yourself.)

Go ahead with the funny comments. 8)

WARNING!
GRAPHIC IMAGE!!
Jake

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... stroyed%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: On the list of things NOT to do:

Post by cashman966 »

And the award for best forum comment of the year goes to HNSB
Did he manage to salvage the brass?
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Post by ATGglobal »

I like the "once fingered brass comment". :lol:
WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

:shock:
I'll never fully automate my reloading press after seeing this. Never.
That is all.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

cashman966 wrote:And the award for best forum comment of the year goes to HNSB
Bah, on another forum, one guy said:
You kids and your crazy piercings! :mrgreen:
I say that's better. 8)
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
landrvrnut22

Post by landrvrnut22 »

And I thought getting my left index finger caught between the seating die and .223 case of a Dillon 650 hurt.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

So the guy drives a case though his finger and takes a picture?
Really? I guess I would be busy dialing 911, or driving my self the ER or something crazy like that.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Whirlwind06 wrote:So the guy drives a case though his finger and takes a picture?
Really? I guess I would be busy dialing 911, or driving my self the ER or something crazy like that.
We live in a Facebook and social media world. It you cannot post pictures about your life, many people would conclude your life doesn't really exist.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Whirlwind06 wrote:So the guy drives a case though his finger and takes a picture?
As many times as I've seen "Pics or it didn't happen!" after someone relates an interesting tale, I'm sure a *lot* of people would take the time to snap a pic - maybe while waiting for the wife to grab her coat to drive me to the ER, or whatever, but yeah.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

JustaShooter wrote:
As many times as I've seen "Pics or it didn't happen!" after someone relates an interesting tale, I'm sure a *lot* of people would take the time to snap a pic - maybe while waiting for the wife to grab her coat to drive me to the ER, or whatever, but yeah.
I know I would. It's not like once you do it it instantly comes out. Even if you immediately drive yourself to the ER you will wait at some point. Pull out the cell and snap a picture.
JustaShooter wrote::shock:
I'll never fully automate my reloading press after seeing this. Never.
That is all.
Personally I dont trust any press to automate itself unless it was made thatt way to be automated and well I dont have the money for that and it takes away some of the fun. Too many small problems can happen that if left unnoticed just jam the press up or create dangerous/bad ammo.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

I've seen something far worse from a guy who was cleaning his bike chain and lost several fingertips between the chain and rear sprocket.
VERY GRAPHIC:
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242261" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Relevant part bolded below:
I was about to go for a ride today and my chain was pretty nasty, so I put it up on the stands and got out the wd-40 and a rag. I started the bike, put it in gear and let it idle. I sprayed the chain down really well and I put the rag up to it and it got caught and took my hand with it through the rear sprocket. I had to have everything above my last joint amputated on my index, pointer and my ring finger on my right hand. Thankfully I am left handed.
I like the way that you took the time to get a photo after it happened before bandaging/rushing to hospital, thats GDC dedication!

Sorry about your hand, looks d**n painful.
lol yea, I was walking around my driveway waiting for the ambulance and I was like..F*** I need pics lol so I pulled out my phone and snapped the pics. I have a Palm Pre and I am pretty impressed with the photo quality on the comp.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Nice!
I love the guy's opening line:
I will start off by saying that I am a worthless squid rookie and I suck at everything in life.
For those that don't ride, a "squid" is a knucklehead on a motorcycle, typically a sportbike or other fast bike who rides like a maniac, lacks true skill and is some varying degree of a menace. "Squid" shouldn't be confused with skilled riders who know (or find) the time and place to take advantage of performance and skills. A "squid" can often (but not always) be spotted as he rips down a street with shorts, t-shirt or no shirt, whipping in & out of traffic, and dozens of other common markers.

Also find some humor in the VERY first comment after the OP--
enjoy the little retort to it by the OP...
and love the return fire by the smart-aleck following that. :lol: And both move past it in good humor.
The German

Post by The German »

That is dedication - taking "hand loading" to a completely different level...
CoronaGold111

Post by CoronaGold111 »

Am I the only one who wants to tap on the primer?
hAkron

Post by hAkron »

Whoa!!! You would think it would be more swollen and bruised...but even still...Whoa!