25lb Bag Lead Shot or alternative

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cloudwraith
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

25lb Bag Lead Shot or alternative

Post by Cloudwraith »

I recently received a lead sled for my birthday but looking online for a 25lb of lead shot to hold it down hurts my wallet. Any places locally (in the Columbus area) to pick up similar items or reclaimed shot for cheaper? Any lead smelting reloaders have something similar they want to sell cheaper than whats available online? I could use sand but the 7lb vs 25lb weight differential doesn't seem to be worth bothering.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
mreising

Re: 25lb Bag Lead Shot or alternative

Post by mreising »

Did you check with all the local stores that carry reloading supplies? The advantage in this case will be that you don't care about shot size so if anyone has something in stock it will work.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
mreising

Post by mreising »

I just had another thought on where you might find shot: a few trap and skeet clubs/ranges will have shot and other components. It might be worth a try but you might also have to be a member.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
SAILORMAN

Post by SAILORMAN »

I have a 25LB bag of shot its old about 30 years I think had to put in another bag started leaking. You would have to make up another bag for it maybe have the wifey sew you one up.

I prefer trades what would you be willing to trade for it?

I am looking for 32ACP brass but I know that is a long shot.

Anything pistol reloading?
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

Does it have to be lead shot or could you use zinc wheel weights?