Creative Die Storage

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: Creative Die Storage

Post by JediSkipdogg »

JustaShooter wrote:Nicely done! Right now my bench space is more limited than my drawer space but if I ever have the room I'd like to do something like that.
Thanks. I thank Glockman for the idea with his post above. I just need to get some "spare tools" that I can always leave at the reloading bunch and put some hooks on the side to hold them. I'm tired of forgetting to put my screwdrivers back after I use them on the press.

For Lee, 3/8" pine works perfect to fit the grove. My circles aren't perfect, but I only have a jigsaw, but they work.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
holtja1

Re: Creative Die Storage

Post by holtja1 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Bob, do you think there's enough space for me to leave the Powder Measure on the die or would I need a super large container for that method. I'm sitting next to three more Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measures (so now I have four total) and two more shell plate carrier assemblies so I don't have to mess with taking anything apart and making adjustments. Here's my calibers that I load/will be loading...

9mm
40 S&W
45 ACP
.223 Rem

The 9mm and 40 S&W use the same everything on the bottom therefore I only need one shell plate carrier there. The 45 ACP the only change I will ever need to adjust is the large or small priming pin/primer feed depending on large or small primer. I'm nowhere near loading 45 yet so I haven't sorted that brass yet. The 223 Rem I've taken some stuff off and the die set is in a different order. Therefore I have three shell plate carriers and four turrets. One of each will always be in the press though.

Oh, not really tight on space, just ideas and tools. I do like the cup idea though. Of course, if I can find cups the right size of the turret plate only the powder measure can stick out the top.

You know the only reason you are short on tools or ideas is cause you never asked me.