Small Pistol Primers?

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Imcrazy

Small Pistol Primers?

Post by Imcrazy »

Anybody have a finger on the pulse of small pistol primer availability? I reload .45acp now with LPP's, thinking of getting into loading for my 9mm's too but I don't see a whole lot of small pistol primers on the shelves when I look.

Thanks,
-Aaron
MasterOfPupets

Re: Small Pistol Primers?

Post by MasterOfPupets »

FFF in Middleburgh Heights has them pretty regularly.
BobK

Post by BobK »

I've had 5,000 on backorder from MidSouthShootersSupply since early January.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

I have not received anything that I have on back order from Mid South....
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

BobK wrote:I've had 5,000 on backorder from MidSouthShootersSupply since early January.
:lol: Surely, you jest.

I can use that over a pot & a half of coffee on a Sunday afternoon! :wink:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
BobK

Post by BobK »

Sevens wrote:
BobK wrote:I've had 5,000 on backorder from MidSouthShootersSupply since early January.
:lol: Surely, you jest.

I can use that over a pot & a half of coffee on a Sunday afternoon! :wink:
Well, to present a more accurate picture, I ordered the 5,000 in Jan when it was obvious that a back order will take a long time. Expecting to wait a year for them, I figured I'd better get something into the pipeline.

Meanwhile, I already have about 10,000 SPP here at home and about 3,000 rounds of loaded 9 mm and .40 S&W, so I am not in imminent danger of running out. 8) However, I freely admit I shoot but a small fraction of what you shoot. "I am not worthy ...." :mrgreen:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

There was a fair number of SPP as well as large and rifle primers at the Toledo gun show today. Your choice of almost every kind and flavor of ammo, also.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Cloudwraith
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cloudwraith »

I've found some off and on at various gun places. Usually in the $35-$40 range/1000. I've definitely had more problems finding powder.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Sigma40

Post by Sigma40 »

Just about 2 weeks ago I were in Ohio visiting and swung by 2 fin feather and fur locations. While the shelves weren't fully stocked, they still had a dozen+ of any size primers you would need but they were limited to 2k per day. If they have a location close by you may want to call ahead. I paid $39.99 per thousand.

No brass to be seen and their bullet bins were empty. I did get some 180gr 40/10mm fmj for $13 per 100 and some 9mm 115gr. Projectiles were limited to 1000 iirc.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
-Samuel Adams