TA DA!!! Finally.

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

XDm45

TA DA!!! Finally.

Post by XDm45 »

The new press mounted, set-up and first 10 rounds made. set everything using videos i found online, tested and retested and retested again, measuring powder charge 3 times, seating depth three times, and primer depth 3 times. then made 2 rounds, and made sure they cycled manually through my xdm, then made 8 more. Not going shooting until friday though, so I can't test until then. My press is calling me.... make more, make more...
This Space For Rent
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: TA DA!!! Finally.

Post by Jake »

Congrats!

Patience is a good thing.
You'll want to be sure they work before cranking out a few thousand. :wink:

Be sure to video your first trigger pull with your home made ammo!
:twisted:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The German

Post by The German »

Congrats! Happy reloading! I got two of those in the basement and still like them after many years.
Tip: I put a small peace of paper with the powder name in the powder dispenser - makes it harder to mix it up / load with the wrong powder.
XDm45

Post by XDm45 »

Ok, so I lied, I couldn't wait, I loaded a second of 10 with a little bit higher of a charge, and took a quick trip down to the club this morning to test them. All 20 rounds functioned perfectly, the lighter load seeming to be a hair more accurate, so I scavenged for brass a bit, and am now going to load up some more to take on fridays outing. =)
This Space For Rent
4pocalypse

Post by 4pocalypse »

Nice!
Fail to plan, plan to fail
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

XDm45 wrote:Ok, so I lied, I couldn't wait, I loaded a second of 10 with a little bit higher of a charge, and took a quick trip down to the club this morning to test them. All 20 rounds functioned perfectly, the lighter load seeming to be a hair more accurate, so I scavenged for brass a bit, and am now going to load up some more to take on fridays outing. =)
I generally load up several batches of 10 at different powder charges for testing. I like that you are looking for the more accurate loading rather than going for power/velocity which so many seem to do. Be sure to examine the spent casings for excessive pressure signs as well.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!