Midway has broken my heart.

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

XDm45

Re: Midway has broken my heart.

Post by XDm45 »

OhioPaints wrote:I could loan you a Rockchucker.....

Patience grasshopper, patience....

Maybe you can start collecting wheel weights and casting equipment in the meanwhile.
For the time being, I only plan on using jacketed bullets, at least until I start doing 38/357. Either way, I have access to lead pretty much at will.
This Space For Rent
BobK

Post by BobK »

XDm45 wrote:My buddy and I built a bench last week...
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=70824" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
you commented on it lol
That's funny.

Heck, sometimes I'll comment on page 3 of a thread without remembering that I posted on pages 1 and 2.

Usually I click on the link that let's me read new posts since my last visit. If something in the new posts catch my eye, I may choose to comment. I definitely do not remember previous posts.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
XDm45

Post by XDm45 »

That Texas sunshine is frying your brain away...
This Space For Rent
XDm45

Post by XDm45 »

I was down at Cabelas today, and they had the pro 1000 setup for 45 in stock, I was really close to buying it and cancelling my loadmaster, but maintained my composure and walked away. :|
This Space For Rent
XDm45

Post by XDm45 »

Well, last friday I found a loadmaster in stock (in 44 spec/44mag) at precision reloading, ordered it, and cancelled my order with midway. (they are still adding a day, everyday to the backorder date there). I now have tracking info on the press (it will be here monday). I have also locally purchased the deluxe pistol die sets for 45 and 9mm, and ordered the matching shell plates and have them in hand. So, in this time of panic, I have gone from nothing a lyman reloading book I bought a year ago, and some shoe boxes full of dirty brass, to having a custom built reloading bench, a tumbler, 4 different types of pistol powder, 2500 cci small pistol primers and a couple hundred large pistol primers, several hundred bullets, more books, and the various tools needed (calipers, scale, bullet puller, etc.), plus all the dies and shell plates, and on monday the press. Not bad in these days of hard to find everything :D
This Space For Rent
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

I think that if it had been that difficult 50 years ago I would have said screw it and bought a boat. I admire your perseverance.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Well done XDm45, I hope you find your new obsession - I mean, "hobby", rewarding! :mrgreen:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
XDm45

Post by XDm45 »

obsession is more like it lol. everything I do is like this. Whatever I do, I'm all in.
This Space For Rent
BobK

Post by BobK »

XDm45 wrote:obsession is more like it lol. everything I do is like this. Whatever I do, I'm all in.
I think it takes a fair amount of obsession to become a successful handloader.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
hAkron

Post by hAkron »

Im selling a Hornady LnL AP press for $300. It doesn't include the powder measure, so you would need to buy that, and a shell plate and dies, but you would have a MUCH better press. I also hav a case feeder and a bench mount (kind of like the Dillon strong mount) and an ergo roller handle, and a case feeder...$800 for everything.

Just saying.

For $25 I could throw in a lee Auto Disk powder measure that if you had the Lee .45 dies would charge and expand on the same station. I only used the auto disk once to load some .380