22 TCM Reloading Dies

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

buckeye43210

22 TCM Reloading Dies

Post by buckeye43210 »

Looks like Lee and Hornady are now making custom die sets for the 22 TCM:

Products listed in 22 RIMFIRE
Lee Precision Die Company has made a 3 Die set for those of you who want to load your own 22 TCM ammo.
Hornady 22 TCM dies arrived today
If you need a set, call Ben Syring at Hornady...
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 22 TCM Reloading Dies

Post by Sevens »

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!
Now I just need brass, those component slugs (no idea where on the planet OTHER than Armscor to get them) and I need those dies and some load data and I should probably get the pistol, otherwise it's kind of pointless!

To summarize, I currently have:
--powder
--primers

I'm just about there! :P :lol:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

I've seen one of the pistols on display :-)
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

There are two options for the pistol part of the equation.

You can get the Rock Island, which seems like a serviceable unit, though nothing to inspire awe -- but at that price point, and including two barrels, I couldn't find it in me to complain. It seems like a helluva value if it runs and doesn't fall apart.

The other option intrigues me a bit more... Fred Craig, the brains behind the cartridge and the pistol that is designed around it also builds his own .22 TCM 1911 pistols at his place in Nevada and shows them on his (not all too friendly nor helpful) website at under a thousand.

I don't know the quality of the man's work, and I don't know the details of the pistol he's offering -- if it's just a rubbed-on RIA or if he's building them from the ground up. But at the price, I'm awfully interesting in finding out.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

Sevens wrote:There are two options for the pistol part of the equation.

You can get the Rock Island, which seems like a serviceable unit, though nothing to inspire awe -- but at that price point, and including two barrels, I couldn't find it in me to complain. It seems like a helluva value if it runs and doesn't fall apart.

The other option intrigues me a bit more... Fred Craig, the brains behind the cartridge and the pistol that is designed around it also builds his own .22 TCM 1911 pistols at his place in Nevada and shows them on his (not all too friendly nor helpful) website at under a thousand.

I don't know the quality of the man's work, and I don't know the details of the pistol he's offering -- if it's just a rubbed-on RIA or if he's building them from the ground up. But at the price, I'm awfully interesting in finding out.
According to his website, the parts are made by Rock Island in the Philippines, and he does the final assembly (fitting).
All Micro-Mag pistols are rough assembled in the Philippines by machinists I personally hired and trained. Once they arrive here I fit the 22 Micro-Mag barrel and do all the finishing aspects of the gun.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I saw some of the .22 TCM loaded ammunition for sale in a shop last week. Thought it might make a nice collectible if the round doesn't catch on but figured someone who has one of the guns already needs the ammo more than I do.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Thanks 4 posting this. I had never heard of a .22TCM ...what a crazy looking round - I almost thought it was a joke. This got me thinking about the Russians -they took the 9x19 and created a high pressure round using 80gr and 63gr bullets to get 1900fps. I'd be curious to know about the velocity and pressures produced by the .22TCM.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
mreising

Post by mreising »

Brian D. wrote:I saw some of the .22 TCM loaded ammunition for sale in a shop last week. Thought it might make a nice collectible if the round doesn't catch on but figured someone who has one of the guns already needs the ammo more than I do.
I saw those same rounds and had similar thoughts today.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

.22 TCM advertises a 40 grain bullet at over 2,000 FPS.
The bullets are pistol specific and available only from Armscor at this time -- but I look at it and wonder if you took a 40 grain V-Max and yanked the plastic tip out with a pair of pliers if you could get it to jive!
shortland

Post by shortland »

i think im going to but the hand gun and what ever else they come out with
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

Midsouth has 55 grain 22 Bator bullet molds that might work in the 22 TCM.
dakina76

Post by dakina76 »

You can get a jig to cut down 223 brass to 22 TCM as well, so that would take care of that part of the puzzle. There are a few different ones out there so do your own due diligence.
Powder Room Firearms

Post by Powder Room Firearms »

Sorry for the double post, one thing I also wanted to add, you can also get a conversion for a 9mm Glock to shoot TCM.