And so it begins...

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Orochimaru

And so it begins...

Post by Orochimaru »

300 AAC Blackout made from 223 Rem and trimmed to SAAMI spec.

No -- I do not have an upper that will shoot it yet, but since I have dies and one piece of brass, I am now compelled to purchase the remaining items... Kinda like the time I discovered that I had a .223 neck sizing die, so I bought a 223 Bolt Action so I could use the die. :roll:

Yes. I do need mental help. :mrgreen:
The second amendment is why we're citizens and not subjects...

‎"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: And so it begins...

Post by evan price »

Found a 5-gallon yellow plastic Diesel fuel can. Decided my next tractor would be a Diesel. Bought same. Top that. :)
Although, found: lot of 32 Short brass. Bought: Antique Iver Johnson breaktop 32 revolver, x2.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Orochimaru wrote:Image

300 AAC Blackout made from 223 Rem and trimmed to SAAMI spec.

No -- I do not have an upper that will shoot it yet, but since I have dies and one piece of brass, I am now compelled to purchase the remaining items... Kinda like the time I discovered that I had a .223 neck sizing die, so I bought a 223 Bolt Action so I could use the die. :roll:

Yes. I do need mental help. :mrgreen:
Why ? Sounds like a good reason to do a lot of shooting to provide a lot of empty brass for the reloading addiction. Win-win situation. :|
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

I feel for you as I have the same sickness, although my 300 Blk barrel is on backorder. I have already made 350 pieces of brass, and have 2k of 5.56 brass ready to go and another 2500 on the way here.

There seems to be a growing market for converted 5.56 to 300Blk brass. I hope to be set up by the end of the week. just in time to get in on the madness.

If you get tired of cutting your own, let me know.

All the best...Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I had to order and wait for a .30 Carbine Ruger Blackhawk because I had a set of dies and 150 component bullets in my stash and no gun for them.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Orochimaru

Post by Orochimaru »

curmudgeon3 wrote: Why ? Sounds like a good reason to do a lot of shooting to provide a lot of empty brass for the reloading addiction. Win-win situation. :|
I like the win-win interpretation better than my "I need help" interpretation! :D

I need to get cracking on making some brass... I'll have all the necessary parts in a few weeks to light up some rounds. It also looks like H110 is going to be my initial powder. Data for H110 seems to be available for everything from 115 grain bullets on up.
The second amendment is why we're citizens and not subjects...

‎"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430
shaner

Post by shaner »

woww iam glad iam normal hahahahahahh i would never !!!! ok maybe i have , :shock: :roll: :roll: :wink: