HUG meeting Schedule Thread

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BobK

Re: HUG meeting Schedule Thread

Post by BobK »

UPDATE:

Evan started me thinking. Remember that Panera closed early the last time we were there and we ended talking in the parking lot?
evan price wrote:I can be there Wednesday night at 7:00 pm until 9:45 pm.
I checked their hours -- Panera's closes at 9:00.

Just a few hundred feet west of the Panera is a Starbucks that is open until 9:30. Why don't we meet there instead? The fact that Starbucks has publicly supported RKBA with the recent publicity is also a plus.

It is on same side of road, close to the side of the road, next to Applebee's.

If this is OK with you, please respond so we know you got the updated info.

HUG Schedule:
Wednesday, May 5. 7:00pm to 9:30 whatever.
Starbucks
1187 Polaris Parkway, Columbus, OH‎ - (614) 846-0902‎
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
BigBill

Post by BigBill »

This sounds like a good solution.
I'm in.

BB

Reminder: Bring brass to swap or sell.
If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Sounds good to me. Starbucks, on Polaris. 7pm.

Sevens, I'll try to remember that 10mm brass- got a bunch.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Starbucks it is. Wonder if I can get a... normal cup of coffee there? They have a name for one of those?
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Sevens wrote:Starbucks it is. Wonder if I can get a... normal cup of coffee there? They have a name for one of those?
Ask for a tall "coffee of the day" with space for cream if you need it (you add your own).

I hate Starbucks. :)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

If it tastes like a normal coffee, should I then go back to the counter and toss three bucks more at them, just so I can feel like a REAL Starbucks groupie?! :P
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

NOTE: I am bringing loaded factory .32 Auto ammo with me -- and unless somebody posts before 6:30 or so with some kind of interest, I'll just leave it in the trunk. But I will have it if anyone is interested.
BigBill

Post by BigBill »

7's, how much for how much?

My son uses 32 auto.

I'll see you tonight.

BB
If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Sevens wrote:NOTE: I am bringing loaded factory .32 Auto ammo with me -- and unless somebody posts before 6:30 or so with some kind of interest, I'll just leave it in the trunk. But I will have it if anyone is interested.
Do you think I should bring in an SR-9 and an M&P (unloaded and field stripped)? You were asking . . .
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Bob, I think (simply as a courtesy to our host) that they'd be better left at home, but I will be very interested to hear your thoughts and insights on the subject. When it comes to things like this, I hope to sponge up all the pertinent info and real experience that I can find. I'm often having folks pick my brains on different handguns and I'd appreciate the details.

Bill, I've got 6 full boxes of 50 rounds each of various brands, all is factory new ammo -- no handloads and no re-man. Of those 6 boxes, two boxes are the aluminum cased and non-reloadable CCI Blazer stuff. The other four are better -- Federal American Eagle (2 boxes), 1 box of Fiocchi, 1 box of Wolf Gold. All are 71gr FMJ. All of them have original price tags on them adding up to $133.74. (all were bought within the last year & a half) Price -- we'll talk.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Good meeting tonight. We chatted some guns, some gunsmithing, some casting and sizing, checked out some parts and tools, checked out a nicely ventilated target and I had a cup of the thickest coffee I've maybe ever had. Discussed some upcoming projects and shared a little brass.

Looking forward to next month's gathering! :)
BobK

Post by BobK »

I thought Starbucks worked out OK. A couple of rough spots, with evan getting lost on the way and the sun shining in BigBill's eyes. But otherwise it worked out well.

Maybe next time we should sit outdoors.

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Starbucks has been in the news lately on a positive side for us gunners, but they may have a problem with you guys smelting lead on their front porch at the Polaris location. :lol:

(I don't think you could make a molten pot of wheel weights any thicker than the coffee I had last night, though)
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Sevens wrote:(I don't think you could make a molten pot of wheel weights any thicker than the coffee I had last night, though)
Did I mention that I hate Starbucks? :)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Yes, and I was fully prepared to have a kinship with ya as we sipped our molten lead "coffees of the day" at the meeting last night but you never showed up! :x

Don't gimme no yadda about the distance either. 7pm and plenty of caffeine to get you home!