Current primer deals?

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sasquatch.45

Current primer deals?

Post by Sasquatch.45 »

Last night I changed over my press to reload some 9mm ammo and discovered that I only have a few hundred small pistol primers left.
Is anyone aware of any sales going on right now, or at least any really good deals for someone who is interested in buying in bulk?
I have been avoiding CCI because the last brick that I bought had a lot of them that were so far out of round that they were getting stuck in the primer tube and feeder mechanism, and crunching on insertion. :shock:
I have also been looking for some place that would offer a discount for people who would purchase an “obscenely large quantity” :D , entertaining the ideal of forming a co-op of sorts with others who might wish to do bulk transactions as well, but so far, I have had no luck.
I know that there are places where you can order them shipped in, but by the time you add the extra thirty dollar haz-mat charge to the already exorbitant shipping charges, It starts to take a substantial bite out of any potential savings. :evil:
I wish camp Perry’s reloading store was open this time of year…

Any suggestions?
No law of prohibition ever prevented a crime of violence, They simply provide a framework for punishment for those who fail to commit suicide after going postal.

The devil never made me do anything…However, he did have a couple of really cool ideals…
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Wolf primers from Powder Valley for $90/5k are the best I've seen so far. If you order a large quantity (let's say, 2 cases) the shipping & haz-mat are a wash, then if you throw on a 8# jug or two of your favorite powder...

Anybody who has a source for Winchester Large Pistol primers for less than $25/thousand, let me know!
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I wrestled with myself last night for quite a while about stocking up on more primers......

I lost. :cry:

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sasquatch.45

Post by Sasquatch.45 »

Jake wrote:I wrestled with myself last night for quite a while about stocking up on more primers......

I lost. :cry:
Which one of you lost, the one who wants to save money, or the one who wants to have fun? :twisted:
No law of prohibition ever prevented a crime of violence, They simply provide a framework for punishment for those who fail to commit suicide after going postal.

The devil never made me do anything…However, he did have a couple of really cool ideals…
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

The one who wants to save money. :evil:

mauser

Post by mauser »

Try T&T Reloading. Order enough and they pay the hazmat.
"a CHL license is either a "license" or a "permit," but you'd never call a CHL your "balogney pony." It's pretty far out there."
--VEX
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

still no group buy going on? what the heck!?!?!
Poop!
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Woo-Hooo...

Winchester Large Pistol Primers for $14.97 a brick of 1000!

Mine now. (They only had 2 bricks.)

Some days it pays to keep turning over rocks.

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Actually I am getting ready to place a large order, one other OFCC poster on another thread has committed to getting an 8lb jug of powder. I am going to order from Powder Valley.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
NordicRX8

Post by NordicRX8 »

evan price wrote:Woo-Hooo...

Winchester Large Pistol Primers for $14.97 a brick of 1000!

Mine now. (They only had 2 bricks.)

Some days it pays to keep turning over rocks.
WOW

that's an AMAZING price... have not seen a price like that on WLP in a while. Wonder what the price goes up to when they replenish their stock... where did you find that deal!?
Suppose the Second amendment said "A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed." Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? – Robert Levy

A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Not gonna say, but it was a large chain store.