My first born

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

NordicRX8

Post by NordicRX8 »

evan price wrote:Wow, maybe I need reading glasses, but I swore you said .460. The pictures don't look that bad- a bulge at the base- but if the neck is .450- way too small. You using a FCD?
A Lee FCD would help reduce a bulged case, not increase an over crimped version. Taking a closer look at the picture above, I can see the taper at the top, it's not very obvious, but I can see excessive taper (too much crimp).

Pull them bullets, throw away the lead (or save them for someone who casts their own), and recycle the powder. The cases can be reused, if you carefully inspect them for damage... brass is pretty resilient.

Sorry to inform you of this Mr. ACP, your first born Pentacontatuplets did not make it after delivery, you have my condolences :cry:
You're young... you can bounce back from this, try again. :wink:

ETA: Taking another look at the picture (of the one lying on its side), I don't see any of the shoulder of that 200gr LSWC. I also load my .45 auto loads to an OAL of 1.25" (for all bullet weights and styles) and can visibly see the shoulder of the bullet above the case mouth when using 200 grain LSWCs.
Suppose the Second amendment said "A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed." Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? – Robert Levy

A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston
MikeACP

Post by MikeACP »

Thanks Evan. I feel like an idiot for not catching it all sooner.