Guns and unknown gun show / badly hand loaded ammo don't mix

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

The LAST photo I seem to recall was caused by a defective barrel ?
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
NEOH212

Post by NEOH212 »

Oh no! Those don't look like Glocks! This just can't be! Glocks are the only guns that can blow up. Everything else is indestructible. Someone obviously photo shopped these pictures just to make the Glock crowd feel better. The 1911 has a fully supported chamber. There is no way that even a triple powder charge of bullseye, a bullet set back half the length of the case, and enough case neck tension to break an elephants foot could cause a 1911 to kaboom! Someone filled the chamber of the springfield with C4 and welded the breach shut and capped the barrel to get it to do that. The revolvers just had to be frozen in liquid nitrogen to -250 deg F and then hit with a sledge hammer because we all know that it doesn't matter how hot you load rounds for a revolver, they can handle it. As for the big 50... ... ... I saw this one on looney tunes when bugs bunny put his finger into elmer fud's shotgun and it blew up in his face when he pulled the trigger. Gee, between my three Glock pistols, two .40 s&w's and a .45ACP, and with over 6,000 between them, I have never once had a problem. Could it be that I take really good care of my guns and follow the manufactures instructions, I.E.- NO LEAD AMMUNITION. NO RELOADED AMMUNITION! I really think that it's funny that people disregard the instructions that come with a firearm, disregard the maximum specs in a reloading manual, second guess professional engineers that build the guns, because joe hill jack knows everything about guns. He has been shooting guns since before he came out of the womb and won't have some phd tell him that that he can't put that triple powder charge into that load. He knows everything, and when the gun blows up, he blames the engineer. Joe Hill Jack says that his gun is a piece of crap. Joe Hill Jack gets onto his favorite internet site, starts a thread bashing his now broken gun and tells everyone how lousy brand x gun is and how he will never buy one again. He will insist that you do the same and that the earth should be cleansed of brand x. There is a good reason those warnings and guidelines are in the manual, and they are not to just keep the insurance companies and attorneys happy contrary to popular belief. Now I'm not saying that these things can't and don't happen on factory loaded ammunition. They can and sometimes do. Sometimes it happens from a bad load, sometimes it is from a manufacturing defect. Most of the time though, it can be attributed to someone that has fallen ill to the Joe Hill Jack syndrome. :roll: Great pics by the way! :lol:
Just remember, the big bad criminal will see the sign on the door and reconsider...
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Oh no! Those don't look like Glocks! This just can't be! Glocks are the only guns that can blow up. Everything else is indestructible. Someone obviously photo shopped these pictures just to make the Glock crowd feel better. The 1911 has a fully supported chamber. There is no way that even a triple powder charge of bullseye, a bullet set back half the length of the case, and enough case neck tension to break an elephants foot could cause a 1911 to kaboom! Someone filled the chamber of the springfield with C4 and welded the breach shut and capped the barrel to get it to do that. The revolvers just had to be frozen in liquid nitrogen to -250 deg F and then hit with a sledge hammer because we all know that it doesn't matter how hot you load rounds for a revolver, they can handle it. As for the big 50... ... ... I saw this one on looney tunes when bugs bunny put his finger into elmer fud's shotgun and it blew up in his face when he pulled the trigger. Gee, between my three Glock pistols, two .40 s&w's and a .45ACP, and with over 6,000 between them, I have never once had a problem. Could it be that I take really good care of my guns and follow the manufactures instructions, I.E.- NO LEAD AMMUNITION. NO RELOADED AMMUNITION! I really think that it's funny that people disregard the instructions that come with a firearm, disregard the maximum specs in a reloading manual, second guess professional engineers that build the guns, because joe hill jack knows everything about guns. He has been shooting guns since before he came out of the womb and won't have some phd tell him that that he can't put that triple powder charge into that load. He knows everything, and when the gun blows up, he blames the engineer. Joe Hill Jack says that his gun is a piece of crap. Joe Hill Jack gets onto his favorite internet site, starts a thread bashing his now broken gun and tells everyone how lousy brand x gun is and how he will never buy one again. He will insist that you do the same and that the earth should be cleansed of brand x. There is a good reason those warnings and guidelines are in the manual, and they are not to just keep the insurance companies and attorneys happy contrary to popular belief. Now I'm not saying that these things can't and don't happen on factory loaded ammunition. They can and sometimes do. Sometimes it happens from a bad load, sometimes it is from a manufacturing defect. Most of the time though, it can be attributed to someone that has fallen ill to the Joe Hill Jack syndrome. Rolling Eyes Great pics by the way! Laughing
Glocks now and then DO blow up with factory ammo, they are the only brand of gun that we hear this about.

The 1911 in mil spec trim does NOT have a fully supported chamber. The feedramp issues on Glocks is with 40's.

In the case of range guns and LE guns Glock usually quietly replaces them, while blaming the owner and the ammo just to make it clear that the perfect Austrian pistol was not defective in any way :-). The Glock owners manual clearly states not to EVER use reloads, I have no use for a gun that cannot fire reloaded ammo, or that cannot per the users manual use cast lead/antimony/tin alloy bullets.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I just don't tell Glock I almost always fired reloaded lead bullets in their pistols, and it never bothered either of us.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
calvin56

Post by calvin56 »

evan price wrote:I just don't tell Glock I almost always fired reloaded lead bullets in their pistols, and it never bothered either of us.
What they don't know won't hurt them. My motto for life.
NEOH212

Post by NEOH212 »

willbird wrote:
Glocks now and then DO blow up with factory ammo, they are the only brand of gun that we hear this about.

The 1911 in mil spec trim does NOT have a fully supported chamber. The feedramp issues on Glocks is with 40's.

In the case of range guns and LE guns Glock usually quietly replaces them, while blaming the owner and the ammo just to make it clear that the perfect Austrian pistol was not defective in any way :-). The Glock owners manual clearly states not to EVER use reloads, I have no use for a gun that cannot fire reloaded ammo, or that cannot per the users manual use cast lead/antimony/tin alloy bullets.

Bill
I was being sarcastic! :roll:
Just remember, the big bad criminal will see the sign on the door and reconsider...