Guns and unknown gun show / badly hand loaded ammo don't mix

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Guns and unknown gun show / badly hand loaded ammo don't mix

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Just a couple of reasons not to get gun show reload ammo.

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/hk-kb.html
http://www.theledger.com/article/200803 ... 30481/1039

and yes I'm sure my XD would explode under the same conditions.
Last edited by pleasantguywhopacks on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

So, in other words, it must be the gun and not the fact that an incompetent person reloaded the ammo, right???
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
SSChevyMan

Post by SSChevyMan »

You should see what steel framed guns can do to you when they kaboom, if you think poly guns KB's are bad...
(ಠ益ಠ)
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

NEVER use ammo that you didn't load yourself to within specifications or brand new factory ammunition.

There are too many morons mixing powders and going for 'hot' loads without understanding what's going on, and they get people hurt.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Glock and dagger wrote:So, in other words, it must be the gun and not the fact that an incompetent person reloaded the ammo, right???
yep, as my thread title says but I'll edit it and add gun show to the title but my post already said that....
"Polymer frame guns and unknown gun show or bad ammo don't mix"

I guess I'm going to have to put one of those five hundred word font so small you can barely read, disclaimers, on all my post to keep me out a dutch with some of the brethren. :wink:
Last edited by pleasantguywhopacks on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

Guns and unknown/bad ammo don't mix. Even the durability legend that is the AK47 has been known to have its life ended by bad ammo.

If I'm going to be holding a gun while it has a KB thou, I would rather it be a poly frame. Sure all that hard plastic is going to hurt you, but not nearly as much as all the shrapnel from a metal gun.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)
NordicRX8

Post by NordicRX8 »

jeep45238 wrote:NEVER use ammo that you didn't load yourself to within specifications or brand new factory ammunition.
+infinity!

Actually, I don't even trust factory ammo... but not much choice for those that don't roll their own.
Suppose the Second amendment said "A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed." Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? – Robert Levy

A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

Actually the second article did not say anything concrete about the 45 gap ammo that was being fired when the guns blew up.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
Glock and dagger

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
Glock and dagger wrote:So, in other words, it must be the gun and not the fact that an incompetent person reloaded the ammo, right???
yep, as my thread title says but I'll edit it and add gun show to the title but my post already said that....
"Polymer frame guns and unknown gun show or bad ammo don't mix"

I guess I'm going to have to put one of those five hundred word font so small you can barely read, disclaimers, on all my post to keep me out a dutch with some of the brethren. :wink:
If you think that an all-steel gun would have fared any better that a poly gun, you're badly mistakened. If the load was enough to breech the barrel, the rest isn't going to make much of difference. That's why when I reload ammo it is never hot-loaded, and powders are never mixed.

If the title read "Guns and hand loaded +P ammo don't mix", I would have not said a word. That is the more accurate statement.

-evan price

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

How about just calling this title, "People shouldn't shoot questionable ammo?"

They fact the gun was polymer framed had nothing to do with the KB.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Glock and dagger

evan price wrote:How about just calling this title, "People shouldn't shoot questionable ammo?"

Sounds good to me!!!

-evan price

NEOH212

Post by NEOH212 »

Thank you! :lol:
Just remember, the big bad criminal will see the sign on the door and reconsider...
NEOH212

Post by NEOH212 »

evan price wrote:How about just calling this title, "People shouldn't shoot questionable ammo?"

Or, people should follow the manufactures instructions and not complain when the gun blows up when they don't. :lol:
Just remember, the big bad criminal will see the sign on the door and reconsider...
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

heres some more great pics on this subject

This one is my absolute favorite!

Poop!
calvin56

Post by calvin56 »

Any information to go along with the pictures?