Reloading Components

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BigV

Reloading Components

Post by BigV »

I am looking to purchase everything I need to begin re-loading my own ammunition.
I want to begin primarily with .45 ACP, .40 and 223. I am looking for a location where I can get EVERYTHING I need to begin reloading for the above. Does anyone know if the Sportsman’s Den in Shelby would have everything I need?
Are there any other places in the Akron, Canton, Cleveland area that would have everything at a reasonable price?
BigV
Sasquatch.45

Post by Sasquatch.45 »

You might want to try, (or at least call) Fin Feather and Fur in Ashland. They have almost anything you can think of in the line of reloading. It is one of my favorite toy stores. :D
For more information, try this link…

http://www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com/

I hope this helps
No law of prohibition ever prevented a crime of violence, They simply provide a framework for punishment for those who fail to commit suicide after going postal.

The devil never made me do anything…However, he did have a couple of really cool ideals…
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Sasquatch.45 wrote:You might want to try, (or at least call) Fin Feather and Fur in Ashland. They have almost anything you can think of in the line of reloading. It is one of my favorite toy stores. :D

I hope this helps
The last few times I've been there, their stock was horribly depleted.

I've been buying from gun shows and online.
Poop!
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

Go on line and buy your supplies. You'll get raped buying in shops. Powder Valley is a good start.

Shooterwolf.
Sasquatch.45

Post by Sasquatch.45 »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:
Sasquatch.45 wrote:You might want to try, (or at least call) Fin Feather and Fur in Ashland. They have almost anything you can think of in the line of reloading. It is one of my favorite toy stores. :D

I hope this helps
The last few times I've been there, their stock was horribly depleted.

I've been buying from gun shows and online.
I think I’m going to be depressed… :(
No law of prohibition ever prevented a crime of violence, They simply provide a framework for punishment for those who fail to commit suicide after going postal.

The devil never made me do anything…However, he did have a couple of really cool ideals…
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

You might try Vance's other location, I think it is more up your way.

You might also try Grafs and Natchez on line and there is one other that I can not remember right now.

Reloading components are a seller's market right now, you are NOT going to get a cheap and easy solution in one place unless you find it on the net somewhere.

Buckshot
Fyresq

Post by Fyresq »

I buy most of my stuff online from Midway. They've got just about everything you could want for reloading.

If you have a C&R FFL you get a pretty good discount from them and Brownells both. I saved the $30 I paid for the license on my first 2 orders.
NRA Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol

http://www.ohiovalleyfirearmstraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NordicRX8

Post by NordicRX8 »

+1 for MidwayUSA and Grafs & Sons.

Many local stores don't stock what I need... Midway usually does. Buy your powder and primers locally or at gun shows, but everything else can be purchases online... and I'm willing to guess that either site listed above will have EVERYTHING you need.
Suppose the Second amendment said "A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed." Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? – Robert Levy

A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys... - Charlton Heston
TBD

Post by TBD »

I buy most of my hardware from MidwayUSA. Grafs for the odd brass. Local stores for powder and primers. Haz-mat fees kill the savings buying those online
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."
-- Richard Henry Lee, 1787
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

MidSouth has pretty good prices. Don't forget Kames, down towards Canton, and Dick's Gun Room, up the road a bit from Marcs.