reloading pulled bullets

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

texasag93

reloading pulled bullets

Post by texasag93 »

I found a place to buy pulled 9mm 115gr FMJ bullets (bullet only) for 6.5 cents (lots of 1000) shipped.

Does the fact that they are pulled have a negative effect when reloading?

Is 6.5 cents per round a good price for FMJ?

Thanks.

texasag
texasag93
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Reloading pulled bullets

Post by Sneakypete »

I have reloaded several thousand pulled bullets, 168 gr Hornaday BT Match. I only noticed a slight scratch on one or two per thousand. These were pulled by the LC Army ammunition plant , & sold as "scrap" for $5.00 a hundred, about twelve years ago. They performed just fine in the garand and M1A. :)
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

They probably are not technically as good as new bullets, but good quality ones will probably work just fine for blasting ammo. There are all kinds of buzzwords involved in pulled bullets "no cut marks" "resized" "air pulled" being just a few I have seen.

Other than the cmp 30 caliber bullets mentioned already I have not used any. The cmp ones shot great for the .04 we paid for them.
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

willbird wrote:They probably are not technically as good as new bullets, but good quality ones will probably work just fine for blasting ammo. There are all kinds of buzzwords involved in pulled bullets "no cut marks" "resized" "air pulled" being just a few I have seen.

Other than the cmp 30 caliber bullets mentioned already I have not used any. The cmp ones shot great for the .04 we paid for them.
it that .04 dollars or .04 cents?
Poop!
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

$.04

They were $.04 each in the late 70's from the CMP, the match bullets in 50 round boxes each in it's little hole in a styrofoam tray were $.08 each.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
TBD

Post by TBD »

As long as the jacket isn't damaged they should be fine. Even if there are light scratches they should shoot OK. For handgun ammo, you'll never notice a difference.
6.5 cents a round is a decent price. New Remington 115's from Midway are right at 8.4 cents.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."
-- Richard Henry Lee, 1787
ScottyPotty
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by ScottyPotty »

I picked up 4500 pulled .224 bullets - M855 bullets for $200.00 These do have marks and scratches on them but they shoot fine. I probably wouldn't use them for shooting matches but they seem fine to me.
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader. Samuel Adams
mscott

Post by mscott »

Midway currently has 9mm 115gr pulled bullets for $60/k. I bought some a while ago and they worked perfectly fine with good accuracy.
You can't shoot a big enough gun to miss 'em dead.

NRA Life Member
coltc

Post by coltc »

Midway actually has the pulled 9mm FMJ for $24.99/500. The only problem is that their shipping prices are crazy.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=247453

You can get brand new 9mm FMJ 115gr for $67/1000 shipped to your door (that's based off of my zip code and I'm in Ohio). You must order in 2000 bullet increments though. I would rather buy the new ones for 6.7 cents. Not saying there is anything wrong with the pulled ones but new is $5 more per 1000.

http://www.precisiondeltasales.com/