Where have all the 'primers' gone?

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Dr. Winston

Where have all the 'primers' gone?

Post by Dr. Winston »

I have been to four places and NOBODY, has much of a selection of PRIMERS! I was looking for CCI small pistol primers, so I could do some reloading during this 'snow storm'. Oh well! Looks like I'll have to drive all the way over to Cabella's in WV to stock up! (Trust me, I'll call first to make sure they even have them!)
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
thorn

Post by thorn »

What city do you live in?

TargetWorld in Cincinnati has a few boxes of CCI Smalls, and i'm fairly sure that ShootersSupply across the river has them as well.

thorn
Oxmarqt

Post by Oxmarqt »

Try Buckeye Outdoors if you haven't already. I was looking for large pistol primers recently and Vances had 1 box. They called Buckeye and they had 2000. :shock:

Oxmarqt
Signatures and Avatars removed so as not to offend anyone or convey any type of personal opinion. You may now continue with your forum participation without any further interruption.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Are you willing to buy online and pay HazMat fee?
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

Buckeye outdoors, usually has a good stock. Champion shooters supply in New Albany also stays stocked up.

Shooterwolf.
Johnny45

Post by Johnny45 »

Woodbury Outfitters in Coshocton has quite a few. :)
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for, then there must be nothing in your life worth living for.
ScottyPotty
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by ScottyPotty »

I have about 10K 8)

But they have been very hard to find. I try to pick them up when I see them.
A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader. Samuel Adams
TBD

Post by TBD »

Vances here in Columbus had a bunch of primers yesterday. Prices jumped to $32 a 1000.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."
-- Richard Henry Lee, 1787
Dr. Winston

Post by Dr. Winston »

I've tried Buckeye Outdoors in Hebron, Gander Mountain in Hilliard and Huber Heights, Big Darby Creek Shooting Range in West Jefferson, Lauhourners in Springfield with no luck.
Olde English in Dayton in looking for me and will get back.
And NO I'm not paying the hazemat fee, I think that was put in place as an 'anti-anything-gun' program and I'm not helping them!
I'd rather drive 100 miles to Cabelas in West Virginia instead!

If the snowing subsides, I may go that way this coming week-end if Olde English doesn't have any.

Also there's a big gun show at Vets Memorial April 5th so I'll keep my eye open there.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
Music Man

Post by Music Man »

Try Vandalia Tactical. They had some (at lower prices where they had not marked them up yet. If you buy online try Adding signal lights (red, green, yellow) to work cells

They had the best prices when I bought last. We bought the wolf brand. Best value for the buck
Beretta Nine All The Time
Dr. Winston

Post by Dr. Winston »

FYI - I just received an email from Olde English in Tip City and he has over 14,000 CCI small pistol primers in stock! Looks like I'll be getting my 9mm loads finished soon.

Also FYI, A Lee Pro 1000 can onlys use either CCI or Winchester primers.
Last edited by Dr. Winston on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

Haz-mat fees are alot cheaper than gas when you buy twenty thousand primers at a time.

Shooterwolf.
Dr. Winston

Post by Dr. Winston »

Got my primers in Tip City, he is a CCI dealer. His supplier is local so he doesn't pay the Hazmat fees on powder or primers, so I guess I'll be getting my supplies there from now on. :lol:
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

So they say....

I'm hearing of people using Wolf too.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tep0583

Post by tep0583 »

Jake wrote:
So they say....

I'm hearing of people using Wolf too.
As I recall, that is a "suggestion" from Lee.

I don't see any reason they wouldn't work with other primers, but haven't personally put anything but CCI through my Lee hand primer.

I think Lee was worried about detonating the others.