Don't be too comfortable with your reloading gear (story)

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mauser

Post by mauser »

shooterwolf wrote:
If you have a shell holder for the cartridge that you want to break down, put that in your kinetic puller instead the collet . Saves a lot of hassle.

Shooterwolf.

I never thought of that. Thanks.
"a CHL license is either a "license" or a "permit," but you'd never call a CHL your "balogney pony." It's pretty far out there."
--VEX
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Evan, ArcherAce, BEAR, Shooterwolf, et al;

Thanks for all the info. Now I'm really thinking
about reloading. :D
Dr. Winston

Post by Dr. Winston »

Great tips from all! It's a shame that we have to learn from our 'mistakes', and so I don't get off track, I keep .223 and 9mm and 5.56 components totally separate. Only one caliber on the work bench at a time. This saves me alot of head scratching later on.

It's also easy to have multiple boses of .22 caliber bullets sitting on the shelf and grab the wrong one!
I use different bullets for different chores. Groundhogs, coyotes, targets whatever, plus I reload 9mm self defense ammo for different seasons.

Remember - Bad guys wear more layers of clothing in the winter and a hollow point will start to expand too early!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington