Dillon

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rexles

Dillon

Post by rexles »

I finally got my Dillon 550B up and running. I have always used a single stage press and bought an RCBS turrent a couple yrs ago. This Dillon really works great and fast. I bought it on Ebay and it needed a few parts. Dillon sent many of the parts for free. Their no [deleted -- TR] warranty is just that.
Never pick a fight with an old man. If he can’t beat you he’ll just kill you!

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun....Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks. Thomas Jefferson

SHOOT SMART NW OHIO LLC NRA Certified Instructor, Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home

NRA Life Member, MVGCA,Tri-State Gun Collectors, OFCC, Patriot Guard Member.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Congrats!

As a old timer once told me-You will never save money after you buy your reloading press. You will just go shooting 4 times as much, and insted of taking 100 rds with you, you will take 300!

I'm sure you will be happy with your Dillon.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

JU-87 wrote:
As a old timer once told me-You will never save money after you buy your reloading press. You will just go shooting 4 times as much, and insted of taking 100 rds with you, you will take 300!

Boy, ain't that the truth. :wink:

Shooterwolf.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Boy, ain't that the truth.

Pretty much.

At least I shoot more often. I don't usually shoot more than 100-150 rounds a session.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kkpudge7

Post by kkpudge7 »

I need to get into reloading. .45ACP is running upwards of $20 a box!
Don't think of it as 'gun control', think of it as 'victim disarmament'. If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals.

Defend the right to defend yourself!
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

kkpudge7 wrote:I need to get into reloading. .45ACP is running upwards of $20 a box!
You'll save money reloading any caliber, but it seems that with 45ACP you save the most.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."