Reloading Components Scarce

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mzimov

Reloading Components Scarce

Post by mzimov »

I desperately need some 45 ACP once fired brass and some 230 LRN bullets. Nobody seems to have either. Do any of you guys have a source?
jabeatty

Re: Reloading Components Scarce

Post by jabeatty »

mzimov wrote:I desperately need some 45 ACP once fired brass and some 230 LRN bullets. Nobody seems to have either. Do any of you guys have a source?
Jeff Bartlett has plenty of brass...

Gardners Cache has plenty of bullets...
(GC is a bit behind on orders, but say they might be caught up by the 16th)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Yeah, it does seem scarce.

I'm looking for some of the same bullets after I get a couple after marker barrels.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mzimov

Post by mzimov »

The Gardner's Cache site's shopping cart is not working.
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

This guy has the best deal on used brass. Can't beat $40 per 1000 shipped. I haven't ordered from him yet, but I will before to long. His feedback looks good.

Shooterwolf, a member of this forum, has a line on lead .452 bullets. I tried out the 200gr RN and TC with fine results. He quoted $50 per 1000 + shipping.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

Here's a decent price on win jacketed. This price includes shipping.

http://www.tjconevera.com/wb45mc230-45-auto.html
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

I just ordered some 9mm hard cast from here.
http://tru-cast.com
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

Bullets I can help with. A.A.'s link for brass is a really good deal.

Any one wanting info on these bullets, feel free to p.m. me.

Shooterwolf.
mauser

Post by mauser »

Sometimes http://www.auctionarms.com/ is a good source for brass. I have bought some there in the past. Used to like ebay, but...

For bullets, go to http://www.berrysmfg.com/. They have great plated 230's that make excellent practice fodder.
"a CHL license is either a "license" or a "permit," but you'd never call a CHL your "balogney pony." It's pretty far out there."
--VEX
bataviafarmer

Post by bataviafarmer »

While I can find brass & projectiles, I'm having a hard time finding Large Pistol Primers. I don't order via the net because I don't want to pay the HazMat fee.
PROUD PARENT US AIR FORCE

There is no Hell. Only Chicago.
mreising

Post by mreising »

bataviafarmer wrote:While I can find brass & projectiles, I'm having a hard time finding Large Pistol Primers. I don't order via the net because I don't want to pay the HazMat fee.
There is a show next weekend at Sharonville. Superior Reloading (the guy with all the Lee stuff) usually has primers, but LPP are sometimes scarce. Check with Country Attic in South Lebanon, he may have them.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Pdave

Post by Pdave »

Somebody tell me about Country Attic in S Lebanon. I drove by the address last week and it didn't look like a business. It was in a residential area. All I saw was a house and what looked like a barn. I didn't see any signs and it did not look like it was open.
mreising

Post by mreising »

Pdave wrote:Somebody tell me about Country Attic in S Lebanon. I drove by the address last week and it didn't look like a business. It was in a residential area. All I saw was a house and what looked like a barn. I didn't see any signs and it did not look like it was open.
I don't think you got the right place. It is in an old general store type building. They have a big concrete porch out front, ~3 feet above street level, prbably 4 or 5 parking spaces out front. As you go into S Lebanon off of Rte 48, there is a sign on the left pointing towards Country Attic General Store. turn left there and go 1.5 blocks, it's on the left. He was open a month ago. I believe there are 2 weekdays he is closed. Call before you go.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Splat!!

Post by Splat!! »

mreising wrote:
Pdave wrote:Somebody tell me about Country Attic in S Lebanon. I drove by the address last week and it didn't look like a business. It was in a residential area. All I saw was a house and what looked like a barn. I didn't see any signs and it did not look like it was open.
I don't think you got the right place. They have a big concrete porch out front, ~3 feet above street level, prbably 4 or 5 parking spaces out front. As you go into S Lebanon off of Rte 48, there is a sign on the left pointing towards Country Attic General Store. turn left there and go 1.5 blocks, it's on the left. He was open a month ago. I believe there are 2 weekdays he is closed. Call before you go.
If you go by mapquest to the country attic in Lebanon you will be at the wrong one.........There is another country attic listed which is a craft store set in an old farm house...Glad my wife wasn't with me :shock: ......Call them and get directions, they also have odd hrs............Good prices.
"Our government... teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
Pdave

Post by Pdave »

Is it on Hudson Ave.? That is the only place I can find on google.