Central Ohio Range for chronometer

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

eugene

Re: Central Ohio Range for chronometer

Post by eugene »

I only turned it for the picture and there is a hill on that side and no else there, though I suppose its as bad as the people posting pictures with fingers on the trigger. Though pointing it downrange here would point right at me when I setup the chronometer or changed targets. Maybe I should build a little stand to hold it with the barrel pointing to the ground, though the way my co-workers described my 'cannon' it would then be a risk to someone in China :P

First revolver, how wold you demonstrate clear on one?
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Central Ohio Range for chronometer

Post by Sevens »

On a single action Ruger Blackhawk, you would have it on it's other side with the loading gate open. Or, pin pulled and cylinder OUT. Or the entire revolver inside a zippered pouch or hard case.

No matter what state your particular revolver is in, typical rules have everybody's uncased firearm pointed down range. If you need to be down range to set up your "fun sucker", you are the one in the red zone, as that is precisely where everyone's firearm needs to be pointed.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!