Restaurant patron unhappy with my OC today

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: Restaurant patron unhappy with my OC today

Post by Brian D. »

WestonDon wrote:Thanks for sharing that Brian.

It amazes me that people who think guns, and people who carry them, are inherently dangerous are perfectly willing to confront said dangerous gun toters.
That has long been a head-scratcher to me. Maybe for some it is a way of being "heroic"..or, more accurately, appearing to be heroic. It always makes me think of other such unexplainable behavior, such as a particular airline hijacking incident from years ago. Keep in mind this is from the 1970's, and I haven't tried to dig it up in recent times to refresh my memory, or the story's accuracy.

Supposedly there were two hijackers/terrorists on the plane, at least they were the only ones who announced themselves as such. They showed handguns, and to be fair nobody knew if that was all the weaponry they had. Anyhow, one of the bad guys used the restroom, and a passenger went in there subsequently. The BG had forgotten his Browning Hi Power (I think it was) in the lavatory. Anyhow, the passenger found it but did not take possession of the gun himself, much less try to, you know, use it to end the situation. Instead he meekly told the absent-minded hijacker about it! (I always imagined about two fellow dozen passengers who overheard that doing a simultaneous groan and facepalm smack, but probably not.)

I'll have to dig around and see if that was a true story or not.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

My bro in law DOES work at Metro's ER and tells me half the reason he has a CHL is DUE to what he sees come through the doors that pertains to gun shots....

I for the life of me can't see where seeing all these ventilated people would make you a proponent to get rid of firearms rather than doing your best not to be the next one wheeled in with an extra hole or two.
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

gaptrick wrote:My bro in law DOES work at Metro's ER and tells me half the reason he has a CHL is DUE to what he sees come through the doors that pertains to gun shots....

I for the life of me can't see where seeing all these ventilated people would make you a proponent to get rid of firearms rather than doing your best not to be the next one wheeled in with an extra hole or two.
I've worked with a few nurses who support anti gun legislation. I suppose if you had a magic wand that would guns in everyone's hands that you wouldn't have any shootings. (at least until more are made) They harbor the delusion that the very people that are doing 99% of the shootings are somehow actually going to obey a gun law when they're breaking other more serious laws. :roll:
Thanlon23

Post by Thanlon23 »

Typically, anti-gun people lack common sense.

First, they believe that a sign that reads "no guns allowed/gun free zone" will somehow force a criminal who probably didn't acquire his/her gun legally to leave their gun(s) at the door and not commit whatever crime they were planning on committing at said place.

Second, they believe that criminals will follow gun laws such as felons not owning guns, not owning guns and gun accessories that are banned (such as California and NY gun bans), or won't conceal carry their illegally owned pistol with a CCW license.

Never mind that most of the GSW traumas that come into hospitals are in cities and are often from gang violence. For example, over the summer when two kids in Cleveland were killed in drive by shootings, so many people were blaming guns and saying guns were the problem. No, gangs and gang violence was the problem.

And it's sad that people have to hide the fact that they have a CCW or own a gun because if other co-workers find out they'll catch hell at work for it, if not get fired because enough pansies complain about it as being offensive
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Thanlon23 wrote:Typically, anti-gun people lack common sense.

First, they believe that a sign that reads "no guns allowed/gun free zone" will somehow force a criminal who probably didn't acquire his/her gun legally to leave their gun(s) at the door and not commit whatever crime they were planning on committing at said place.

Second, they believe that criminals will follow gun laws such as felons not owning guns, not owning guns and gun accessories that are banned (such as California and NY gun bans), or won't conceal carry their illegally owned pistol with a CCW license.

Never mind that most of the GSW traumas that come into hospitals are in cities and are often from gang violence. For example, over the summer when two kids in Cleveland were killed in drive by shootings, so many people were blaming guns and saying guns were the problem. No, gangs and gang violence was the problem.

And it's sad that people have to hide the fact that they have a CCW or own a gun because if other co-workers find out they'll catch hell at work for it, if not get fired because enough pansies complain about it as being offensive
You must remember that they consider law abiding gun owners as part of the problem, so they see CPZ's as being at least a partial solution.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Thanlon23

Post by Thanlon23 »

schmieg wrote:

You must remember that they consider law abiding gun owners as part of the problem, so they see CPZ's as being at least a partial solution.
I realize that, and all of the evidence shows that CPZ's are a big part of the problem. Common sense just isn't all that common.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Thanlon23 wrote:
schmieg wrote:

I realize that, and all of the evidence shows that CPZ's are a big part of the problem. Common sense just isn't all that common.

B I N G O !!!
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Thanlon23 wrote:
schmieg wrote:

Common sense is anathema to an ideologue.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand