Miami University counter walk article

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Miami University counter walk article

Post by AlanM »

The article appeared in The Miami Student.

GUN WALK PROMPTS COUNTER-PROTESTS

Note: This article got linked to and mentioned on the Democratic Underground pro-gun group,

There's ANOTHER take on the walk, also on The Miami Student site.
This one, however, has a completely different view of the walk.
“WRITTEN CARTOON” CALLS ATTENTION TO CAMPUS DANGERS

I won't quote them here. They are both relatively short and worth the read.

I am curious about the comments about threats, jeering, and shouting made about the open carriers mentioned in the first article.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
BB62

Re: Miami University counter walk article

Post by BB62 »

AlanM wrote:The article appeared in The Miami Student.

GUN WALK PROMPTS COUNTER-PROTESTS

Note: This article got linked to and mentioned on the Democratic Underground pro-gun group,

I am curious about the comments about threats, jeering, and shouting made about the open carriers mentioned in the first article.
I think that's as much BS as the first "news" article you linked to.

I suggest you watch the video taken by an MU Alumni as to the demeanor of the participants of the Walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDadC5l3OSU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

We didn't threaten anybody or jeer. Heck, I didn't realize the sock puppet kid was a protester, figured he was being hazed to gain admission to a fraternity.

Here was our verbal exchange:

Billy: "Do you support the open carry of sock puppets on campus?"

Me: "Sure do, bud, with no strings attached."

He and his friends got a good laugh out of that. Thought I had a pretty good off the top of my head reply there.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

[And yeah, I know that MU has "outlawed" hazing the last several years. But guess what? Their fraternities and sororities continue to do it, and put on double secret probation or whatever.]

WE were cordial and calm. Their side was, well, not so rational. Claiming to fear our presence to the point of refusing to continue the discussion over lunch, on our dime.

You know what they're really afraid of? Having people like us disprove the emotional rhetoric, and having some sense talked into them. {Dons amateur analyst hat} Deep down they know the real world is WAY different than that academia fantasyland they're in right now. {/Removes Hamburg, puts S&W ball cap back on}.

********************************************************************************
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Obviously, considering where I now live, I wasn't there.
Has anyone posted any comments to those two articles rebutting them?

I probably should have checked before typing the above.
Checking now........

I see BB62 responded to the first as did several other people.

Dave Noice left a nice comment to the second one.

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Yeah, I replied to a couple articles. Waste of cell phone battery, but what the hey. By the way, my Facebook handle is Cincy Brian, if you'd like to see a five year old photo of me. Haven't aged a bit...

Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

Brian D. wrote:We didn't threaten anybody or jeer. Heck, I didn't realize the sock puppet kid was a protester, figured he was being hazed to gain admission to a fraternity.

Here was our verbal exchange:

Billy: "Do you support the open carry of sock puppets on campus?"

Me: "Sure do, bud, with no strings attached."

He and his friends got a good laugh out of that. Thought I had a pretty good off the top of my head reply there.
Well played, good sir. Well played.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

AlanM wrote:...
Dave Noice left a nice comment to the second one...
That Dave Noice guy, he's quite a character. :wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
BB62

>> RADIO APPEARANCE - Sunday <<

Post by BB62 »

I've been invited to be a guest on Jerry Kripp's "Outdoor Connection" radio show, Dayton 980 AM, this Sunday evening (5/8/16) at 6:20 PM.

From what I can tell, Mr. Kripp's show is about everything outdoors in terms of hunting, fishing, boating, etc. He has had a wide range of guests.

He saw a report about the Miami U. Walk in a Dayton, OH newspaper and contacted the reporter, who gave him my phone number.

Unlike the one radio personality in Cincinnati, who invited me on his show under false pretenses, Mr. Kripp seems like quite the gentlemen.

I encourage you to listen, and call in if it suits your fancy.

http://www.outdoors980.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From the web page: "to speak to a guest call 937-457-WONE [9663]"
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor