Young punk/gang banger look whie carrying !

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Young punk/gang banger look whie carrying !

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

TSiWRX wrote:^ :D Swing by my side of town.

I think an open-carrier with a lot of mud on his work-clothes would instead be the one who triggers the :? :shock: :lol:

:)

I understand...... COMPLETELY ! :lol:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Smiles4Miles

Post by Smiles4Miles »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Gun wasn't drawn and pointed at anyone?

I have no problem with them.

Too many people think that clean cut, well groomed, mannerly adults that open carry give gun owners "a bad name".

Yes, I know the look you are describing, and I personally think that "look" looks stupid, but I have to separate that opinion from their right.

100%. I'm a young chl holder. However, I dress and carry myself in a professional manner whenever outside my home. Rights do not have an appearance. Now to say I wouldn't pay more attention to someone with that "gangster" type of appearance would be a lie. Always be ready and carry everyday but the man in a suit next to you can be just as dangerous as a kid with saggy jeans.
CZ 75BD, Canik TP9SA, FNS9c, Glock 43, Taurus M65 4" .357, Ruger SP101 3" .357
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

I'm old, I'm biased and I don't care. Tattoos on women turn me off and I think the pants falling down look is just plain dumb. On the other hand, if he's carrying in a holster, he's probably not a banger. But, he at least has to be wearing underpants.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Smiles4Miles

Post by Smiles4Miles »

schmieg wrote:I'm old, I'm biased and I don't care. Tattoos on women turn me off and I think the pants falling down look is just plain dumb. On the other hand, if he's carrying in a holster, he's probably not a banger. But, he at least has to be wearing underpants.

Hahaha I like and appreciate the honesty. I can agree i think it definitely looks dumb
CZ 75BD, Canik TP9SA, FNS9c, Glock 43, Taurus M65 4" .357, Ruger SP101 3" .357
Greenbean

Post by Greenbean »

I live in a pretty urban outskirts of Cincinnati, Green township district to be exact I’ve been to the corner store more in town and I’ve seen this “type” as you describe. Sometimes IWB Carry a huge full size gun and you easily see print but I also get the feeling they want you to see it but it doesn’t bother me one bit. When I see them carrying IWB I am aware that they are not a felon or some aggressive nature person so I just keep my cool and mind my business, and 100%. Of the time so far I’ve never had a problem, and I pray that it remains that way. Now as far as the pants on ground, I’ve yet to come across that one lol.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

schmieg wrote:if he's carrying in a holster, he's probably not a banger.
Greenbean wrote:When I see them carrying IWB I am aware that they are not a felon or some aggressive nature person
We need to drop this mindset. Criminals are using holsters and are training, just like we are. Maintain situational awareness and watch body language, and trust your gut, especially when you notice someone printing that is wearing the "uniform" of a bad guy.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

JustaShooter wrote:
Greenbean wrote:When I see them carrying IWB I am aware that they are not a felon or some aggressive nature person
We need to drop this mindset. Criminals are using holsters and are training, just like we are. Maintain situational awareness and watch body language, and trust your gut, especially when you notice someone printing that is wearing the "uniform" of a bad guy.
As you know, Dave, I OC just about everywhere, as you normally do, and sometimes I go to town to pick something up with the dirtiest, filthiest and smelliest of cloths sometimes with my gun on my hip .
I sometimes wonder, what goes through the minds of those watching me dressed the way I am at times like that and carrying a gun.
I don't like looking like that when carrying , but sometimes it's a last minute or emergency run to town .

I agree with what you said too, about what those with ill intent who are carrying are doing and how they carry.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

JustaShooter wrote:
It's been over ten years since I retired from practicing law, but, back in my day, those improperly carrying preferred not to use holsters so that if they ditched the gun, the holster wasn't there to implicate them.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand