Open carry in Franklin Walmart

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Open carry in Franklin Walmart

Post by charliej47 »

Last week when it was really nice, I stopped in at the Franklin Walmart early to pick up some things on my way to work.

One of the early stockers happen to see me open carrying and she said "is that a 9mm?" and I laughed and said yes.

She then said "Good job, we need more people carrying!"
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Open carry in Franklin Walmart

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I realize she was working, but since she started the conversation, did you ask if she carries, (on her own time , of course). And saying what you said she did, I'd assume she does. I always keep the conversations going somewhat if their willing, IF they can work and talk at the same time. Some times you get eves dropppers in on the conversation and you may get them thinking about the issue of carrying. I'm always thinking about converting one more person to our side. You never know who's listening. :wink: 8)
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

charliej47 wrote:...

She then said "Good job, we need more people carrying!"
That's so cool. 8)
MyWifeSaidYes
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Sounds like a great and typical encounter.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

This was at 5AM as I had stopped to pick up some items on my way to work and she was filling the "fresh" donut rack. :lol:
Charles Johnson Jr
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

charliej47 wrote:This was at 5AM as I had stopped to pick up some items on my way to work and she was filling the "fresh" donut rack. :lol:

Since you were by the donuts she probably thought you were a cop. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

BEAR! wrote:
charliej47 wrote:This was at 5AM as I had stopped to pick up some items on my way to work and she was filling the "fresh" donut rack. :lol:

Since you were by the donuts she probably thought you were a cop. :mrgreen:
I was picking up fruit when see saw me and made the comments. :mrgreen:
Charles Johnson Jr
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice