car wash

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: car wash

Post by Brian D. »

i'm at the FD all day today. As in, 8 am this morning until 8 am tomorrow morning. One of these years I'll retire and then there will be more time for OFCC tables. Or maybe I'll move to Columbus and become OFCC's first full time, paid lobbyist. :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Let's get back to the car wash: I know (online) a guy who got his gun taken away from him at a car wash up around Columbus. Long story but bottom line is the blaster should have been on his hip. He was vacuuming and cleaning the inside of his car, lots of reaching across the seats. Gun got in the way so he laid it down...out of his grasp. Someone nearby saw that and did a quick stick-up. Don't recall what they got besides the handgun. He could have lost the whole vehicle, but didn't.

********************************************************************************
docachna

Post by docachna »

[quote="Brian D."]Let's get back to the car wash: I know (online) a guy who got his gun taken away from him at a car wash up around Columbus. Long story but bottom line is the blaster should have been on his hip. ...... He could have lost the whole vehicle, but didn't.[/quote]

Not that I wouldn't care about my car, mind you -- but that would have been among the LAST of my concerns !!!!!!!!! :!:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Docachna, I had left out a detail on the car wash story: The guy is a Class 3 owner, and was coming back from a full auto event when this happened. Big ol' SUV chock full of buzz guns, and probably some ammo left over.

Wasn't trying to be Paul Harvey with "the rest of the story" here, but, you kind of made me feel a need to fill in the blanks, even if the dude in question sees this and gets mad that I related it. Think he's a forum member but has hardly ever posted past introducing himself way back.

OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

This reminded me of a report on the defensivecarry board 6 years ago:
i am on the passenger side of my truck putting the scrub-brush back in its little slot and i see the driver door of the Dodge open up.....out hops this guy......a very large man wearing an army jacket, black pants and boots......the first thing i notice is both his hands are in his pockets......a quick glance behind him and notice two more people in the truck.......

he walks towards me after he gets out and says "Hey there guy, i was wondering if you could help me out?".........I am definitely in code orange right now........i say "with what???"......he glances over to his truck and says "Im needing to change the tire out on my truck and want to know if you have a jack i can use"..........i am still at the passenger side of my truck and say "No i do not....sorry i cant help"....

he then says "I think you are lying to me, i hate when people lie to me...and i think you're gonna give me what i want"........code RED right here......my heart starts beating out of my chest.....

I come around the front of my truck making my way to the drivers side and he is a step away from the bay and a hand comes out of his pocket.....he has something in his hand, it looks like a set of keys.....i start backing away towasrs the front of the bay.......behind him the other two guys in the truck hop out behind him.......i then hear a click......he has a knife........

i don't even remember pulling my gun out.......the next thing i notice is the big white dot on the front of the Glock.......and the crazy thing is i thought "where did my gun come from"...........I am screaming "Get the F away from me with that knife or i will kill you".....

I don't even remember what he siad, i remember seeing his back to me and the big white dot of my gun on him.....my hands, were frozen and could hardly move them......

the three, i remember piling into the truck and taking off......my heart is beating so hard i can feel it in my throat......i make into my truck, i don't know what just happened.......I open up my door and throw-up.........this guy was about to kill me.......

I am so sick and nervous right now.........my hands were shaking in the truck so bad i could not even dial my phone......

something told me to carry today, i think God told me to.......

like i said, im not looking for attention or anything.......my sisiter and nephews are over here with me trying to calm me down, and typing thes out of what happened to me today is something i needed to do.........